Jake Fromm (2 Viewers)

Saints have to come out of this draft with a viable option at QB for the post Drew Brees era, the only hole on this team is SAM linebacker since Klein left and that position is not as vital as backup QB at this point...that first round pick has to go to Jordan Love (my favorite to be groomed).

I've said in another post that the Saints may package a draft pick this year and maybe next to move up and grab specific players as we don't have to many holes to fill on this roster outside of QB, LB and OL (we draft OL every year), so ultimately just two positions need to be addressed (QB & LB) so I can see the Saints trading up to grab specific players and looking for depth at other positions in the UDFA market.

Saints have to come out of this draft with a viable option at QB for the post Drew Brees era, the only hole on this team is SAM linebacker since Klein left and that position is not as vital as backup QB at this point...that first round pick has to go to Jordan Love (my favorite to be groomed).

I've said in another post that the Saints may package a draft pick this year and maybe next to move up and grab specific players as we don't have to many holes to fill on this roster outside of QB, LB and OL (we draft OL every year), so ultimately just two positions need to be addressed (QB & LB) so I can see the Saints trading up to grab specific players and looking for depth at other positions in the UDFA market.
Not picking a fight, but the team could just as well decide to wait to pick up a veteran who gets cut, traded for cheap or reaches FA over the coming year. That may not seem as attractive to us fans as a shiny rookie, but it can work out just fine - look at Teddy B.

Just saying that the draft is not the only route available and teams who go into the draft feeling desperate to fill a perceived hole usually make bad choices.

This guy is intriguing to me. I remember watching him do some pretty incredible things as a true freshman in a powerful SEC conference and against Notre Dame. I believe he led Georgia to the SEC title and beat a very good Oklahoma team in the Rose bowl beating some guy named Baker Mayfield. Then he barely lost the national championship in OT against Bama. The way that he played in his Freshman year made me think he was going to be all world. When I looked up his college career stats, I was surprised to see how good his stats were. The way he gets trashed, you would think he would have had bad stats. OMG he had nearly a 160 passer rating with nearly 3000 yards per year and 78 TDs to 18 interceptions. He is a great person and a very good leader who happens to be a devout Christian.

I might be in the minority, but I think that he may get a lot better as a pro. He majored in finance at Georgia with a 3.38 GPA, so that means he was devoting a significant amount of time to actually being a student. Replace his time studying textbooks with time in the film room and weight room, combined with those back shoulder throws and I think he will surprise some. Something tells me that he would really do well with Drew, Taysom and CSP working with him. I would love if we had a chance in the 3rd or 4th

Also in 2018, Fromm had a considerable better year than Burrow.
I like Burrow a lot, but it’s clear that Joe Brady was the biggest factor in the season he put together in 2019.
That's absolutely not clear at all. Brady had a hand in introducing spread concepts and play calling on 3rd down. As a coach, Brady didn't even work with Burrow directly enough to give credit, but rather the receivers. His impact on the improvement in the WR room is undeniable, though.

Burrow's game preparation was probably the biggest factor to his success dude to his obsessive nature to studying film. He was already accurate, tough and a leader before he ever arrived in BR.

Fromm simply lacks the arm to make every throw. He can make almost every throw, but not all and that's a tough limitation to overcome. IMO, he's the next Jason Garrett or Doug Pederson. I expect he'll have a long career as a backup QB before really finding his niche as a coach.

I like Fromm. When I watch him play he look competent. He doesn’t have a cannon and some times you see the ball get away from him. You can tell he understands what going on and the games are not too big for him. I think he has to be in the right system to have success though. I would like him on the Saints but I wouldn’t be willing to use a high draft pick. If he’s there at the end of the draft I’d pull the trigger.

I like Fromm, I’m old enough to remember experts similarly criticizing Brady when he was coming out of college. Fromm has talent and plays hard. I think he will become a successful NFL qb.

I watched both play in college, and a comparison of Fromm play to Daniels is off the mark. Completely different styles

I watched both play in college, and a comparison of Fromm play to Daniels is off the mark. Completely different styles

I agree. I think it’s people more indicting his ceiling with an unremarkable player, which I somewhat understand. Fromm is not going to be Aaron Rodgers. But coming out, I don’t think Daniel & Fromm are similar at all. Daniel excelled at off-script plays outside the pocket, whereas Fromm looks so uncomfortable off-script.

Again a chunk of that had to do with an offensive coaching staff that refused to move the pocket. Go look at Brandon Allen’s stats from 3 years with Jim Chaney and then his one year with Dan Enos (who is by no means a great OC). Unfortunately, Georgia robbed Fromm of a credible OC in 2019, or we could be having a totally different conversation about him as a prospect.

Unfortunately, Georgia robbed Fromm of a credible OC in 2019, or we could be having a totally different conversation about him as a prospect.
The biggest knock on him that I have heard has been his lack of arm strength. An OC would not change that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom