Jake long/ Mock draft and free agents (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Yes i know hes offense and we need defense all the way but say sed ellis keith rivers and kenny phillips are off the board he is 6-7 and 315 lbs I really dont like stinch and this kid is a mule. or we can put him at left tackle and move jamaal brown to right tackle. This guy would be a major upgrade and we can still draft defense with later picks mayo will still be there in the second and we can draft a pretty good DT in the third by the name of DeMario Pressley of N.C State. Then go CB in the fourth with Patrick lee who is a really hard hitter and a great cover guy who i think happens to be great. Then we can even sign Briggs and/or Faneca in free agency. So heres how it would shape out.

1st) Jake Long OT Michigan
Height: 6-7. Weight: 313.
40 Time: 5.00.
Projected Round: Top 5 Pick.

Currently the top prospect at offensive tackle. Realistically, there could be three offensive tackles chosen in the Top 15.

2nd) Jarod Mayo LB Tennessee
Height: 6-2. Weight: 230.
40 Time: 4.67.
Projected Round: 1-2.

Jerod Mayo has declared for the 2008 NFL Draft.

The third of three star rising junior linebackers. Unless Mayo has an unbelievable season, he should wait until 2009 to be the first inside linebacker selected.

3rd) Demario Pressly Dt N.C State
Height: 6-3. Weight: 295.
40 Time: 4.99.
Projected Round: 2-3.

DeMario Pressley will have knee surgery and could miss the entire 2007 season.

Will teams be afraid to take an N.C. State defensive lineman in the wake of several Wolfpack players flopping in the NFL? One thing that scares me about DeMario Pressley is his inconsistency. One game he's a beast; the next he's nowhere to be seen.

4th) Patrick lee CB Auburn'
Height: 5-11. Weight: 194.
40 Time: 4.34.
Projected Round: 3.

Stepped in for David Irons and played extremely well in 2007. His 40 time will definitely get him noticed.

5th) Keilen Dykes, West Virginia (9/14)
down.jpg

Height: 6-5. Weight: 295.
40 Time: 4.92.
Projected Round: 5-6.

Not a good showing for Keilen Dykes on national TV, as Maryland's offensive line pushed West Virginia's defensive front around all night.

Pretty versatile; can play end or tackle in the 4-3, or end in the 3-4. Dykes is probably more effective in the former scheme, as he can get to the quarterback.

6th) Antwaun Molden, Eastern Kentuky
Height: 6-2. Weight: 203.
40 Time: 4.52.
Projected Round: 5-6.

In the same boat as Martel Van Zant.

7th) Jordon Dizon, Colorado
Height: 6-0. Weight: 225.
40 Time: 4.64.
Projected Round: 7.

A team captain and an All-Big-12 Second Team member, Jordon Dizon had 137 tackles and four sacks in 2006. Unfortunately, he needs to put on a lot of mass to be a legitimate NFL prospect.

Then we would possible sign
Briggs
Faneca
Kirston pittman udfa Lsu Defensive end
Roshaun Fellows, Tennessee
Height: 6-0. Weight: 185.
40 Time: 4.35.
Projected Round: FA.

Missed what looked to be a promising 2006 season with a torn PCL. Will RoShaun Fellows ever be the same again?

What do yall think

Unless something catastrophic happens to him, there is no way at all that Jake Long would still be on the board at 10.

If Jake Long falls too us, then yes we would have too select him.... but no way the Cheifs, Ravens, and Bengals pass up this guy..... let alone the Rams who had Bulger go on the injury list 3 times last year due too a dismal OL.......

If Jake Long falls too us, then yes we would have too select him.... but no way the Cheifs, Ravens, and Bengals pass up this guy..... let alone the Rams who had Bulger go on the injury list 3 times last year due too a dismal OL.......

Even the Raidahs would take a long look at him. I wouldn't be surprised if Ryan Clady was off the board, too.

Even the Raidahs would take a long look at him. I wouldn't be surprised if Ryan Clady was off the board, too.

Nah Oakland takes Chris Long, Glenn Dorsey, or McFadden over Jake Long..... and only 2 of the three can be gone by Oaklands pick.....

Jake Long will be Long gone (thank you very much)....I'm really loving the Mayo pick in the 2nd...him or Highsmith in the 2nd would be sweet

3rd) Demario Pressly Dt N.C State
Height: 6-3. Weight: 295.
40 Time: 4.99.
Projected Round: 2-3.
DeMario Pressley will have knee surgery and could miss the entire 2007 season.

Will teams be afraid to take an N.C. State defensive lineman in the wake of several Wolfpack players flopping in the NFL? One thing that scares me about DeMario Pressley is his inconsistency. One game he's a beast; the next he's nowhere to be seen.
Wasn't that the knock on Mario Williams? What's wrong with NC State's DLinemen?:dunno:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom