jake long (1 Viewer)

picnicwithfish

Geaux SAINTS!!!!!!!!
Reaction score
could he be the next robert gallorey? i know he has went up against abraham and now freeney, but he is getting pushed around. to be so big, he is getting bull rushed to the ground too often.

Robert Gallery was finally moved to LG and wasn't doing too bad but he broke a leg in yesterday's game. :covri:

Long shouldn't have made the Pro Bowl. He made it solely off mediocre play, his name as No. 1 pick, and the Dolphins' success.

dwight freeney is a very underrated DE but jake long is holding his own.....he would start over the majority of LTs in the league and its only his 2nd season.....much like jammal brown, he does his job and even tho it may be ugly sometimes, he gets his job done

remember that at michigan he was primarily a run blocking tackle for mike hart and gave chad henne just enough time to manage a game......the same is true for miami.....he is there to run block for ronnie brown and ricky williams and give enough time to chad pennington to manage the game and make solid throws

LTs are usually thought of as the best pass blockers on the team because they have to protect the QBs blind side, but thats not always true and sometimes tackles start because of their ability to run block

Well i dunno, to be honest i don't watch him play all that much, but i saw that play against abraham and he got absolutely ******* plowed on that play, i was pretty stunned to say the least. he got owned.

he had one bad game, and is doing well tonight, so no. He did fine last year, id say better than Ryan Clady, they had a site about quarterback pressures, Clady I think was ranked the worst when it came to quarterback pressures. Plus, Long is a good run blocker.

and Jammal Brown was owned by Abraham that one game last year, all game long he was getting pressure on Brees.

i take it back. for some odd reason, i guess because he is not a saint, i thought he was a rookie. i was thinking of the rams new tackle. never mind. i am man enough to admit i made a boo boo.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom