Jalen Hurd-WR-Baylor (1 Viewer)

So basically Brandon Coleman with unlimited upside... no ceiling.

Yep never thought of it but yeah kinda.

Herd was a blue Chip rb coming out of high school. So he has plenty of in space abilities that Coleman did not.

To be honest I am wanting to see what he can do more because he was why Alvin was on the bench. So he must be a gifted athlete. Coach him up he could be special.

Quick feet for a tall guy and catches with his hands and not his body, all very good qualities.

He looks like another Taysom Hill. Having both in the back field running some read option would make defenses lose their minds.

Man, if he is there and can play slot and TE then, you gotta take a long hard look at him. Sean Payton’s cupboard will be full and overflowing with special utility players. Kamara, Taysom and Hurd. Along with Thomas and jeezum, who do you key on? The only thing I would be scared about is Payton getting too cute with the play calling.

Good balance as a runner and a strong base. Something there as a athlete. 7th rounder priority UDFA

Yep will only be doing bench press at the combine. Had work done on his knee.

This should be good because I would think he would put on a show for sure. By only working out at his pro day will keep things quiet on him.

Really interested in seeing how he turns out.

This guy has too many warning flags for me. He quit on his team in the middle of the season and does not want to play RB. I work with a lot of TN fans no one has anything good to say about him. They all felt Kamara should have started over him. I would only take him as an UDFA.

This guy has too many warning flags for me. He quit on his team in the middle of the season and does not want to play RB. I work with a lot of TN fans no one has anything good to say about him. They all felt Kamara should have started over him. I would only take him as an UDFA.
The article I posted on page 1 gives some back story of why he did what he did.

One of my favorite players in this draft.. This kid is an absolute freak and was good enough that Kamara never outshined him but they were more equal.. He would provide so much versatility to this offense as a 3rd RB while playing WR. Can you imagine a backfield of Kamara/Ingram/Hurd!? The duo of Kamara and Hurd was absolutely deadly at Tenn and these kids weren’t even being used to their talents.. Imagine what Coach Payton could get out of this kids skill set.

Last edited:
Found this in an article on his testing numbers :

“Hurd will be one of the most freakish athletes in the upcoming draft. At 6-foot-4 and 220 pounds -- he dropped 20 from his running back days -- he can run the 40-yard dash in 4.47 seconds. His testing numbers at Baylor would have made him a top-five receiver at last year's combine in every event but the 40: bench press (20 reps), vertical jump (40 inches), broad jump (10-10), three-cone drill (6.60) and 20-yard shuttle (3.87). “

Fast forward to today, and despite not being able to fully participate due to a knee injury, here’s Hurds current combine numbers:

6’5”

226 lbs

32 in arms

10 1/4 hands

23 reps

No doubt, he’s gonna attract a crowd at his pro day.

Those measurements would entice me to spend our 5th on him.

I hate Baylor, but he's a pretty good player. Very tough and has no problem getting hit.

With that frame and athleticism I'd definitely take a chance on him. A guy that big and fast, you can find a way for him to help your team. He might grow into a TE. Right now he's actually bigger than a few NFL starting TEs.

I think you could certainly teach him to work the seams as a wr just like a te would do.

About the change in position. If he was 6"5 at Tenn the should have moved him. With that size it is hard to win the pad level battle. Almost impossible for a guy that big to be under the pad level of shorter linebackers.

I see why he had concussion concerns.

And just think about the te screen game.

Really following this guy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom