Jalen Hurts; love to have him as a Saint! (2 Viewers)

I'm sorry this is really a huge misnomer that gets bandied about constantly. Big 12 is playing better defense than the SEC and you can go look that up right now. In fact the only conference right now that is playing better defense is the Big 10. LSU Gave up 600+ yards of offense to a 4-6 team, The Tigers allowed 30 points and 405 yards in the second half alone. Go down the line and Alabama is not playing stellar D at all either. Georgia and Auburn right now are carrying the SEC in defense this year.

Jalen is not a pure passer and I will be the first one to admit it what he lacks in passing he makes up in leadership ability. Can that carry over to the NFL and win games? I sort of doubt it. The closest person I can compare him too is Cam Newton he has never been a pure passer either. But he did go to a Super Bowl and brought his team to the playoffs a few times despite his ridiculous wardrobe and attitude.

You can't just leave out the fact that Cam is pretty much the only running QB to survive in the NFL because he's bigger than most of the defense. Also, there's no question that Oklahoma's schedule is trash because the Big 12 is a one team league this year. That's not their fault, but Hurts is definitely playing inferior competition this year. There's a reason the SEC has three teams in the top five.

Pointing towards his stats in the SEC is dumb. Saban wasn’t using him in the same fashion as OU is using him now. The same folks saying that bull are the same folks who said the same crap about Lamar Jackson.

I've watched every single Texas and Oklahoma game for well over decade now. And I can tell you the system Jalen is in right now is much better suited to him than it was at Alabama. Lincoln Riley has some brain farts more often than not but what he is, is a match up genius he finds the weak link in your defense is exploits it to the hilt. IMO he is on par with Sean Payton both seem to be offensive genius.

I've watched every single Texas and Oklahoma game for well over decade now. And I can tell you the system Jalen is in right now is much better suited to him than it was at Alabama. Lincoln Riley has some brain farts more often than not but what he is, is a match up genius he finds the weak link in your defense is exploits it to the hilt. IMO he is on par with Sean Payton both seem to be offensive genius.

Agreed

I'm sorry this is really a huge misnomer that gets bandied about constantly. Big 12 is playing better defense than the SEC and you can go look that up right now. In fact the only conference right now that is playing better defense is the Big 10. LSU Gave up 600+ yards of offense to a 4-6 team, The Tigers allowed 30 points and 405 yards in the second half alone. Go down the line and Alabama is not playing stellar D at all either. Georgia and Auburn right now are carrying the SEC in defense this year.

Jalen is not a pure passer and I will be the first one to admit it what he lacks in passing he makes up in leadership ability. Can that carry over to the NFL and win games? I sort of doubt it. The closest person I can compare him too is Cam Newton he has never been a pure passer either. But he did go to a Super Bowl and brought his team to the playoffs a few times despite his ridiculous wardrobe and attitude.
If you’re trying to say SEC defense isn’t good, which I disagree with, then that just means hurts is even worse than I was saying.
Which defense that’s better than SEC defense did he put up good stats against?

Name the last successful Pro QB who did nothing “special”.

He’s a poor mans Vince Young, and Young wasn’t quite good enough to last.

Name the last successful Pro QB who did nothing “special”.

He’s a poor mans Vince Young, and Young wasn’t quite good enough to last.
Man, I wanted him in the worst way in this division to counteract Vick. I was clearly not a good scout. They are flashy but aren't long for the NFL once youth is no longer on your side and you get an injury.

I want Burrow and I realize that's not going to happen; but, again, I don't trust my own instincts. I may have to get used to thinking that Teddy is our future and lusting over getting Clyde Edwards-Helaire. (Also, clearly, I mostly watch LSU)

Man, I wanted him in the worst way in this division to counteract Vick. I was clearly not a good scout. They are flashy but aren't long for the NFL once youth is no longer on your side and you get an injury.

I want Burrow and I realize that's not going to happen; but, again, I don't trust my own instincts. I may have to get used to thinking that Teddy is our future and lusting over getting Clyde Edwards-Helaire. (Also, clearly, I mostly watch LSU)

Burrow grew up wanting to play for Ohio State, now he’ll get to play in the state of Ohio(Bengals). Be careful what you wish for I guess.

Id love to have Burrow too, but I’m convinced every first round pick, besides a QB, should be on the OL or DL. Skill position players can be drafted later.

You are entitled to an opinion. I understand your points. The only thing I would say to your comments are, he got with apparently a heck of a QB/offensive minded coach that understood his talents. He is a different player just from his accuracy.
Once again, he looked bad against a good defense. I don’t think he’ll be good in the NFL. He made a lot of inaccurate passes to open WRs today

LSU is playing complete football right now, ill reserve any talks against Hurts until I see them play in the National Championship.

You cant blame Hurts if he just didnt have the tools around him and was out coached.

Always love the facepalm ratings from posters with nothing to add to a discussion. Shooting blanks...?

Yes, Gutless "Snipers" all of em!

Personally I wish there was a question mark rating here. I can't say I didn't think about him in black and gold today, but most of what I know about him comes from the games I've seen him play against LSU. He looks like a solid NFL backup QB, but as a starter, I think I'd pass.

Man, Hurts is really good. Wouldnt be mad at all if he ended up w/us. But that being said, my dream QB is Sam Ehlinger. That dude in our O w/Sean Payton and Drew as a mentor would be mega! He may not be as fast as Taysom, but he def has better vision as a runner and his arm and accuracy are legit.

LSU is playing complete football right now, ill reserve any talks against Hurts until I see them play in the National Championship.

You cant blame Hurts if he just didnt have the tools around him and was out coached.

Hurts didnt play well at all , passing wise anyways.... had WRs open just couldnt get it close enough for them to catch it.... I may be wrong but I get the feeling Hurts has gotten slower atleast it seems that way in the two Games I actually watch him play in (Baylor LSU) at Bama seem to remeber him running like the wind when he did tried hard to be a pocket passer at Bama seems he does about half that while in OU

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom