Jalen Hurts; love to have him as a Saint! (1 Viewer)

Super44

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Sticky Post
All the guy does is WIN! Never loses his composure even in times of seemingly insurmountable odds. He has taken his game to another level in ONE year!

To me. His ability to elude and escape pressure and make all the throws is something I would like to see Sean Payton further groom. He is a rare QB/athlete with the size to boot.

Vega$$aint

Resident GoldenTee Junkie
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
In my opinion, hurts best comparison has already been with the saints in J.T. Barrett's. All he did was win, was a great scrambling/ running qb that was a decent passer

GeneHansen

Veteran
Reaction score
Man, Hurts is really good. Wouldnt be mad at all if he ended up w/us. But that being said, my dream QB is Sam Ehlinger. That dude in our O w/Sean Payton and Drew as a mentor would be mega! He may not be as fast as Taysom, but he def has better vision as a runner and his arm and accuracy are legit.
I’d love to have Hurts or Ehlinger in Taysom’s current role, but I’m not sure I’d want either taking over for Brees anytime soon.

baarbogast

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I would be more interested in drafting the Arizona Qb and using him asan athlete.

ANKOMA33

All-Pro
Reaction score
I'm simply not impressed with Jalen. Could he be coached up? Possibly .. but I don't see good pocket awareness and the efficiency/accuracy that you need at the next level.

I think he peaked at OU.

IMO the Saints heir apparent to Brees is a sophomore in college ... somewhere.

BBarnes6182

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I'm simply not impressed with Jalen. Could he be coached up? Possibly .. but I don't see good pocket awareness and the efficiency/accuracy that you need at the next level.

I think he peaked at OU.

IMO the Saints heir apparent to Brees is a sophomore in college ... somewhere.
He’s a one read athlete playing QB. Great story, great kid, very average QB

bobad

Son of Adam
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Has all the tools, great kid, winner. However, he will need a lot of seasoning to make an NFL QB. You can tell by the way he handles the pass rush, which is not great or consistent.

moe1967

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
He'd be better off converting to a RB in the NFL. He doesn't have that "it" factor about him that Burrow and Lawrence have.

Domeination

SR is my life!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Hurts is a running QB with the emphasis on running. He can't read defenses very well and is not a very good passer. Yes, he can throw the occasional bomb, but when it comes to fitting a pass into a tight window or a back shoulder throw where the QB has to put it in the right spot from 40 yards away (distance ball has to travel from pocket diagonally to sideline), he ain't all that and a bag of chips. Taysom, frankly, is a lot better.

DCTransplant

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Lamar Jackson's incredible season has everyone looking for the next one like him and there isn't another one like him. His combination of elite athleticism and passing ability is just unmatched.

Hurts looks a lot more like tebow and all of the other run first QBs that just don't ever seem to excel in the nfl

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I am going to a tanning booth daily. I have colored my hair and am working on a semi fro look. After finished, I am going to market myself as the 2nd coming of Lamar Jackson - lol

Lamar is my hero!

Reaction score
That was the first time I watched Lawrence play. For all the noise about him I wasn't impressed. Doesn't look like his running ability would translate to the NFL so just throw most of his big plays out. He was pretty inconsistent as a passer.

Just one game but I didn't like what I saw.

FootballLady

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I am going to a tanning booth daily. I have colored my hair and am working on a semi fro look. After finished, I am going to market myself as the 2nd coming of Lamar Jackson - lol

Lamar is my hero!
About 25 years too late for this joke.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom