Jalen Hurts; love to have him as a Saint! (1 Viewer)

Super44

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
All the guy does is WIN! Never loses his composure even in times of seemingly insurmountable odds. He has taken his game to another level in ONE year!

To me. His ability to elude and escape pressure and make all the throws is something I would like to see Sean Payton further groom. He is a rare QB/athlete with the size to boot.

All the guy does is WIN! Never loses his composure even in times of seemingly insurmountable odds. He has taken his game to another level in ONE year!

To me. His ability to elude and escape pressure and make all the throws is something I would like to see Sean Payton further groom. He is a rare QB/athlete with the size to boot.
He’s putting up stats against weak competition. He looked terrible against Texas. Go back and watch his film in the SEC. IMO, he will not be good in the NFL

This is the first time I’m going to say anything referencing this player as our future QB, but this is as good a time as any considering your post.

We already have a better version of Jalen Hurts on our roster, named Taysom Hill. Riley schemes sides of the field for Hurts to read two receivers and if it’s not there run. If you’re in the camp that thinks this is true for Taysom Hill too, which I am not, Hill is still the better runner and has a stronger arm.

If we pick a QB, I’d bet anything it’s for someone that’s number one attribute is accuracy.

He’s putting up stats against weak competition. He looked terrible against Texas. Go back and watch his film in the SEC. IMO, he will not be good in the NFL
You are entitled to an opinion. I understand your points. The only thing I would say to your comments are, he got with apparently a heck of a QB/offensive minded coach that understood his talents. He is a different player just from his accuracy.

This is the first time I’m going to say anything referencing this player as our future QB, but this is as good a time as any considering your post.

We already have a better version of Jalen Hurts on our roster, named Taysom Hill. Riley schemes sides of the field for Hurts to read two receivers and if it’s not there run. If you’re in the camp that thinks this is true for Taysom Hill too, which I am not, Hill is still the better runner and has a stronger arm.

If we pick a QB, I’d bet anything it’s for someone that’s number one attribute is accuracy.
Good points!

This would be correct.

Although someone will hope he's the next Lamar Jackson and draft him pretty high.

He played clutch except for the plays that nearly lost the game for OU...

I'm sorry this is really a huge misnomer that gets bandied about constantly. Big 12 is playing better defense than the SEC and you can go look that up right now. In fact the only conference right now that is playing better defense is the Big 10. LSU Gave up 600+ yards of offense to a 4-6 team, The Tigers allowed 30 points and 405 yards in the second half alone. Go down the line and Alabama is not playing stellar D at all either. Georgia and Auburn right now are carrying the SEC in defense this year.

Jalen is not a pure passer and I will be the first one to admit it what he lacks in passing he makes up in leadership ability. Can that carry over to the NFL and win games? I sort of doubt it. The closest person I can compare him too is Cam Newton he has never been a pure passer either. But he did go to a Super Bowl and brought his team to the playoffs a few times despite his ridiculous wardrobe and attitude.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom