Jalen Hurts; love to have him as a Saint! (1 Viewer)

That was the first time I watched Lawrence play. For all the noise about him I wasn't impressed. Doesn't look like his running ability would translate to the NFL so just throw most of his big plays out. He was pretty inconsistent as a passer.

Just one game but I didn't like what I saw.

I am going to a tanning booth daily. I have colored my hair and am working on a semi fro look. After finished, I am going to market myself as the 2nd coming of Lamar Jackson - lol

Lamar is my hero!

About 25 years too late for this joke.

Arch Manning? ?
Could be. I just don't think we should waste any picks on a QB until Brees is done. Never know when that one player is the difference in a ring and odds are really high we'll never have another QB of Brees' caliber again.

This is the first time I’m going to say anything referencing this player as our future QB, but this is as good a time as any considering your post.

We already have a better version of Jalen Hurts on our roster, named Taysom Hill. Riley schemes sides of the field for Hurts to read two receivers and if it’s not there run. If you’re in the camp that thinks this is true for Taysom Hill too, which I am not, Hill is still the better runner and has a stronger arm.

If we pick a QB, I’d bet anything it’s for someone that’s number one attribute is accuracy.
isnt that what Lamar does basically? i watched a couple games, hes not looking thru all the routes thats for sure

Could be. I just don't think we should waste any picks on a QB until Brees is done. Never know when that one player is the difference in a ring and odds are really high we'll never have another QB of Brees' caliber again.
id try to have the backup in his last year atleast, to shadow him

isnt that what Lamar does basically? i watched a couple games, hes not looking thru all the routes thats for sure

I'm not sure what Lamar does, haven't seen him play enough.....but frankly it doesm't matter. LJ overcomes any deficiencies with his unique athleticism, Hurts doesn't have that attribute. I see his career going similar to Terrelle Pryor.

I'm sorry this is really a huge misnomer that gets bandied about constantly. Big 12 is playing better defense than the SEC and you can go look that up right now. In fact the only conference right now that is playing better defense is the Big 10. LSU Gave up 600+ yards of offense to a 4-6 team, The Tigers allowed 30 points and 405 yards in the second half alone. Go down the line and Alabama is not playing stellar D at all either. Georgia and Auburn right now are carrying the SEC in defense this year.

That might be true statistically, but after yesterday, I think it is a joke to even compare the Big 12 to the upper echelon teams of the SEC. LSU's defense did struggle at times during the season and they had their problems against Ole Miss but a good bit of that was attributable to injuries. When that unit got healthier, they turned it around. They held TA&M to only 7 points and held Georgia to only 10. Then yesterday, pretty much shut down a high powered OU offense, despite the 28 points. OU has made the CFP what, 4 years now, and each time they look pretty bad in the semifinal game. Remember, It is not how you start, but how you finish. Just look at how your Longhorns tanked.

OM. Dude cant throw and hes a turnover machine. Do you watch college football at all?

While I’m not saying he won’t be good in the NFL, I just don’t think he will be good in a Payton offense. There is a reason Bridgewater started over Hill when Drew was hurt. Teddy is a pocket passer who can go through reads. Hill is a 1-2 read QB then scramble which is what most college QB’s are like Hurts and Fields and that’s not how our offense is built.

I know the Playoff game VS LSU is one game but it was a huge game and Hurts didn’t even look like an average QB against that defense. Burrow had more TD passes than Hurts had completions in the first half. In the second half LSU started playing soft defense and Hurts still was off on his throws.

A lot of people are writing off Hurts as a pro prospect but after what I've seen with Lamar Jackson I'm not writing off any QB prospect. At Louisville, Jackson never finished with a completion percentage above 60%. He wasn't a great passer in college but now he's going to be the league MVP. Hurts on the other hand has never finished under 60%. This season he finished at 69.7% with an efficiency rating of 191.2. That's over 40 points better than Jackson's best season in college.

Well at least you didn't say he is gonna be drafted ahead of Burrow.

This kid has such horrible mechanics, think Tim Tebow. The slow windup and release is gonna prevent him from probably ever starting in the NFL as a QB.

A lot of people are writing off Hurts as a pro prospect but after what I've seen with Lamar Jackson I'm not writing off any QB prospect. At Louisville, Jackson never finished with a completion percentage above 60%. He wasn't a great passer in college but now he's going to be the league MVP. Hurts on the other hand has never finished under 60%. This season he finished at 69.7% with an efficiency rating of 191.2. That's over 40 points better than Jackson's best season in college.
Lamar Jackson wasn't a great passer of the ball in college? He was sensational.

What were you watching?

Lamar Jackson wasn't a great passer of the ball in college? He was sensational.

What were you watching?

Oh he was a great player no doubt but as a pure passer he wasn't great statistically. And efficiency in the passing game is one of the first things you look at with prospects.

That might be true statistically, but after yesterday, I think it is a joke to even compare the Big 12 to the upper echelon teams of the SEC. LSU's defense did struggle at times during the season and they had their problems against Ole Miss but a good bit of that was attributable to injuries. When that unit got healthier, they turned it around. They held TA&M to only 7 points and held Georgia to only 10. Then yesterday, pretty much shut down a high powered OU offense, despite the 28 points. OU has made the CFP what, 4 years now, and each time they look pretty bad in the semifinal game. Remember, It is not how you start, but how you finish. Just look at how your Longhorns tanked.
I agree, two best QBs are in the final and we have no shot at getting them, we better train Taysom Hill

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom