NFL Draft Jalen Hurts (1 Viewer)

Yeah cause OU and Alabama have gone up against some real power houses ?.

Why don’t you look at all three QB’s stat lines and get back to me.

Everyone already crowning Hurst, but don’t realize Burrow has the exact same stat line...

Can u fetch me some examples of any1 here that's been talking up Hurts that's similar to the Burrow talk? I must've missed it all

He's still a day 2 prospect. He doesn't play a pro-style offense.
LSU is essentially running the Saints offense. The only difference is that it’s run from the shotgun instead of under center. But very few college QBs go under center these days.

Burrow has thrown for 1100 yards in 3 games, which is about half of what he had all of last year. And he has completed 75/90 passes for 83.3%. This offense fit him very well.

What I like about this offense is that it’s not a one-read offense. Burrow gets to scan the defense, run through his progressions, and make a decision on his own.

ETA: Burrow is currently on pace to smash the NCAA completion percentage record of 76.6% set my Colt McCoy.

Last edited:
My impression of him he is more of a athlete that can throw then a QB. Rileys system easy one read throws with a lot of spacing. He has RB type balance when he is a runner, so he is kinda special in that regard. I dont think hes a natural passer. I dont think he can be a guy that can give u what u need pre snap and see the field like a NFL QB can. At they same time i think anyone can learn anything. I had similar impression of Daq. Hes no world beater but he is improving his NFL game and is a legit starter in this league. I think hes a fine developmental prospect for someone. He is a special runner. Even in a ST Taysom type role. While he develops as 3rd QB. He has roster value

Last edited:
Can u fetch me some examples of any1 here that's been talking up Hurts that's similar to the Burrow talk? I must've missed it all
Your comment was he won’t look good against legit competition. I guess Texas is a push over. My comment was the other heisman candidates haven’t played against anybody and they haven’t. Hell look at Clemson, they have one of the easiest schedules in college and Lawrence is still throwing picks left and right.

Turn on the TV, according to all the media Hurts is already the Heisman winner.

Heisman voting aside, there are 2 QBs in the Big 12 that I like better than Hurts. Not saying that Hurts isn’t an excellent pro prospect. I just think Ehlinger and Brewer have more NFL potential.

LSU is essentially running the Saints offense. The only difference is that it’s run from the shotgun instead of under center. But very few college QBs go under center these days.

Burrow has thrown for 1100 yards in 3 games, which is about half of what he had all of last year. And he has completed 75/90 passes for 83.3%. This offense fit him very well.

What I like about this offense is that it’s not a one-read offense. Burrow gets to scan the defense, run through his progressions, and make a decision on his own.

ETA: Burrow is currently on pace to smash the NCAA completion percentage record of 76.6% set my Colt McCoy.
I'll say it more clearly...

His age, arm strength, and physical skillset will hold him back with scouts. His 2018 tape won't be ignored. If his season ended today. Scout would spend more time dissecting his Florida game than his Texas game. They'll try to just call him average.

An NFL prospect is more than just stats. Dwayne Haskins was the best stastical passer of 2017. Get drafted at 15th and was the 3rd QB overall.

Let him finish the season before crowning him.

I'd rather Burrow. He's already running Payton's offense. And doing it damn well.

No comparison as far as all around athleticism. In the ever chsnging dynamics of pro football, it is getting more and more difficult, to find a mobile (not running) QB, that has accuracy. I would prefer a guy like Hurts, or Tua, waaaaay ahead of Burrow. Burrow would be at least 3rd choice.

Would much rather have Sam Ehlinger. That kid just keeps evolving.

My impression of him he is more of a athlete that can throw then a QB. Rileys system easy one read throws with a lot of spacing. He has RB type balance when he is a runner, so he is kinda special in that regard. I dont think hes a natural passer. I dont think he can be a guy that can give u what u need pre snap and see the field like a NFL QB can. At they same time i think anyone can learn anything. I had similar impression of Daq. Hes no world beater but he is improving his NFL game and is a legit starter in this league. I think hes a fine developmental prospect for someone. He is a special runner. Even in a ST Taysom type role. While he develops as 3rd QB. He has roster value

I won't argue about what type of offense Lincoln Riley runs bcuz I'm not sure. But I will say that Hurts is a much more natural passer than Daq n Taysom was @ that point of their careers. The proof was put on display lasnite

Your comment was he won’t look good against legit competition. I guess Texas is a push over. My comment was the other heisman candidates haven’t played against anybody and they haven’t. Hell look at Clemson, they have one of the easiest schedules in college and Lawrence is still throwing picks left and right.

Turn on the TV, according to all the media Hurts is already the Heisman winner.

I didn't necessarily say he won't look good against legit SEC competition but he certainly won't look as good as he has. And yes most SEC fans has looked @ TX as a pushover in recent yrs. And if they hadn't been on LSU's schedule this yr n couldn't be used as an example of Burrow's "tough outting" they still would've been viewed as such

Hurts has a better resume'. Could that be a reason why he's mentioned as a legitimate heisman contender more than Burrow? Perhaps

No comparison as far as all around athleticism. In the ever chsnging dynamics of pro football, it is getting more and more difficult, to find a mobile (not running) QB, that has accuracy. I would prefer a guy like Hurts, or Tua, waaaaay ahead of Burrow. Burrow would be at least 3rd choice.

I think coaches look for "Pro-ready" QB's in the early rounds, or at least they used to. Just using the eyeball test, Burrow looks about as Pro-ready as you can get.

I’m an LSU homer too. I didn’t go to LSU, but my dad did and was just kinda raised that way. I’d love nothing more than for Burrow to end up with the Saints. It’d be perfect in so many ways. His draft prospects though are just kinda going in a direction that makes it seem the Saints probably won’t have a shot at him.
True. He won't last until the 32nd pick.

I'll say it more clearly...

His age, arm strength, and physical skillset will hold him back with scouts. His 2018 tape won't be ignored. If his season ended today. Scout would spend more time dissecting his Florida game than his Texas game. They'll try to just call him average.

An NFL prospect is more than just stats. Dwayne Haskins was the best stastical passer of 2017. Get drafted at 15th and was the 3rd QB overall.

Let him finish the season before crowning him.
And how many times have NFL scouts been wrong? I don’t really care what NFL scouts see. I’m giving my own thoughts. I see a really good QB that can strive in the right system.

Man this guy is putting on a clinic against UCLA. He's making excellent reads. Making all the throws with pinpoint accuracy no matter the distance. Keeping his eyes downfield while evading rushers in the pocket with his scrambling ability like nobody's business. 138 yards rushing in the 1st half alone

Dare I say Deshaun Watson 2.0? He wasn't known for much other than his running for most of his time @ Alabama but Lincoln Riley must now be really having an affect on him

Now I'm not necessarily saying he should be on our radar in the next draft but man! A fire has clearly been lit under this kid's butt. I wouldn't mind @ all if CSP shows interest in him if he keeps this level of play up

They can trade up next Draft for Burrow, He is the best QB coming out of college with Sean Payton's way of playing the game. JMO

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom