Jalen Hurts (1 Viewer)

Hurts does not have the signs of a good NFL quarterback. Seems like Tim Tebow, Vince Young, Jamarcus Russell; in regular college games he looks like a man among boys, but not fit for the next level.

Nor does he seem to fit what Payton does.

Some team will waste a high pick on Hurts, but I hope and think it is not us.

All athletic QBs have to pass the pocket passer test (drop back and go through reads, analyze the D, and make the right throw). The one legitimate critique of Hill is that no one has seen him do this in a regular season game. How can you say Hurt will not be able to do this when our current backup has never done it either?

Don’t get the love for him as a potential starter in the NFL. Doesn’t appear to me to be able to process the reads and throw into windows. Backup maybe to Hill maybe but then I wouldn’t pick him higher than 5th to do that.
He's got terrible mechanics (think along the lines of Tim Tebow).

He would be such a long term project for any team drafting him, and the likelihood he ever starts is minimal.

He should convert to receiver like Terrell Pryor.

I remember hearing the exact sort of criticisms on Lamar Jackson. Not accurate. Doesn't do well in big games.

Does he have traits? Does he have the ability to feel out the game or will it be too fast for him? So many things you don't know until he's out there.
I asked myself the same question re. Jackson as a comp. But does anyone know of an analyst with pro scout experience comparing them? Because if not, we're just in danger of making a false equivalence.

I think he's closer to that Jamarcus/VY/Tebow/Pryor grouping than Lamar.

He would be such a long term project for any team drafting him, and the likelihood he ever starts is minimal.

I think this is BS.

It is entirely possible that Hurts does not pan out as a QB but it is premature to believe that he has no future as a QB. He, at the very least, deserves the opportunity to compete at the position.

I bet u n Bill Polian get a kick outta “knowing what ur talking about”

The post-combine chatter seems to be that most scouts expect him to be taken by Baltimore as a back up to LJ.

So maybe they see a valid comparison, but I know Baltimore are typically happy to take a lesser QB that meshes well with the system, with no hopes that he turns into a regular front line player.

The best thing going for him is his leadership ability. He's the best leader in the draft to go along with his elite athleticism.

It would be difficult for him to have any real success at QB in the NFL. This is the one time a black QB maybe should consider moving to a different skill position may hold some merit. He has all world talent, but his QB play is just super questionable. Even after a spectacular season in Oklahoma.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom