Jalen Hurts (2 Viewers)

Jalen is no slouch at all. Hurts could start here no problem under Sean

He Reminds me of a less reckless version of Tony Romo. Got the arm for every throw, he's mobile, he'll gun sling, advanced west coast knowledge.

The guy had 5-6 different coordinators at Bama Up until the national championship game. He goes to OU under Riley and plays lights out.

There will never be another 5-6 check down, all out qb master Final level boss like Drew Brees.

There will always be three read qbs with potential to excel in the league. He's one of them.

He'll go second rd unless NE grabs him.

Last edited:
I would not be surprised in the least, if Jalen is still on the board, for the Saints to move up into the late 2nd and grab Hurts. He seems to be the near-perfect athletic QB SP wants to run his offense and create havoc for defenses.

lol- but I think someone teased us with Deshaun Watson. He would mean multiple SBs under SP.

I like Hurts in the role of Taysom Hill. A can do it all player that takes a couple years to develop his skills at QB while using his athleticism to help a team now.

When it started popping up that Taysom might actually end up being our starting QB in the future, this was my first thought. Draft another QB prospect with basically the same athletic profile as Taysom and keep that role on our team. Now whether or not Taysom actually ever becomes the starter or not is debatable. But if true, I see Hurts as a very good fit.

Add to that... when Cam Newton went down, Carolina had to plug a passer into their offense that was built for a runner. It didn't work out so well for them last year. If Taysom becomes the starter, I see Hurts as the perfect back-up. If Taysom gets dinged, the offense will have already been built for Hurts. The QB changes, but the offense doesn't.

All hypothetical. Definitely not trying to start another QB/Taysom thread. Just my thoughts on Hurts value to us in that situation.

All Hurts does is get Ws his entire football career. And he’s extremely coachable n takes his game to the next level

Everybody thought his starting career was over when he was benched for Tua. All he did was comeback n lead the tiders to a championship when he was desperately needed to step up

Then “experts” said he wouldn’t improve his passing @ OU then he proceeds to shut ppls mouths again. And whatever he needs to do to improve now he’s gonna work his arse off. His smarts n work ethic will bring him a solid career in the pros

All Hurts does is get Ws his entire football career. And he’s extremely coachable n takes his game to the next level

Everybody thought his starting career was over when he was benched for Tua. All he did was comeback n lead the tiders to a championship when he was desperately needed to step up

Then “experts” said he wouldn’t improve his passing @ OU then he proceeds to shut ppls mouths again. And whatever he needs to do to improve now he’s gonna work his arse off. His smarts n work ethic will bring him a solid career in the pros
Not to mention his teammates love him, which speaks to his ability to lead. Dude is a winner

This.

He’s been under estimated his entire life.
Give him 2 years and I saw he match’s Russell Wilson production.

Wouldn't use our first for him (should be better value there). But, if he falls to the late second or into the third round I'd welcome the pick if the draft price is not too steep. If he fell to our third, I'd be ecstatic.

Last edited:
I believe that he has the tools to be a very successful NFL QB. Especially with the direction the league is currently going. He proved when he transferred to OU that with a good coach that does great work with QB's he can make the throws. With Sean Payton he could be a Lamar Jackson/Deshaun Watson type of talent.

I don't think he gets past the 1st round with his potential.

I think its unfair to count him put til you see his scheme his in. Jalen Hurts has something that very similiar to Brees, a big chip on his shoulder. He got something to prove. Thats a very strong motivator and i wouldnt count him out as a qb. Will he be a rookie phenom probably not but ill give him a shot.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom