Jalen Ramsay to Rams for two first-round picks, per Shefter [MERGED] (1 Viewer)

Same price we paid for Davenport (minus the 4th). This is good deal for the Rams, tbh.
The difference, and it is a huge one, is money. Davenport is on a rookie contract. Ramsey is likely to want a top dollar contract from a team whose cap space is barren.

Big, big, difference.

I can believe that they are still shopping for players. Looks like the O-line this time.

I know Washington is poorly ran, but LA has no firsts to offer until 2021. There's easily teams that will offer a first for Trent where the Redskins wouldn't have to wait till 2021 to utilize it.

I know Washington is poorly ran, but LA has no firsts to offer until 2021. There's easily teams that will offer a first for Trent where the Redskins wouldn't have to wait till 2021 to utilize it.
Its actually worse than that. Rams gave up their 2020 and 2021 firsts plus a 4th in 2021. No first to trade till 2022. Here's the tweet from the first post in the thread:

How can teams like the Rams and Patriots can afford these high price player. Where are the Rams getting these picks from? I just don't understand it, when we can only dream about getting another Lattimore type of a player. We need another outstanding player as a CB, OL and WR, but we never can afford it. Very discouraging, ! ?

Beginning of the end for Rams. What a crazy trade considering Ramsey has made it known he wanted out. No player other than a star QB is worth 2 first round picks. Do you hear that Houston and L.A. Rams?

The Rams are the Spurrier Redskins. Theyll just buy everyone and mortgage their future. NFL is not for long, and it seems the league is catching up the McVay. A CB isnt going to fix that team and will likely be the anchor on a sinking ship.

I think this was such a stupid trade and that’s fine with me! Now I’m no Marcus Peters fan but he is no slouch. Is Ramsey two 1st round picks better? Not only that but he’s about to be the highest paid CB ever and arguably the highest paid defensive player ever with the leverage he now has on the Rams. It absolutely makes the Rams better but how much better at the cost of really hurting their future. Yes Lattimore is a better CB over Peters but this is almost like us trading Latimore for a 5th rounder to then send 2 future 1st for Ramsey wanting a new contract. Oh well not our problem!

Traded away two 1st round picks and a 2x pro bowl and 2x all pro CB for a 2x pro bowl CB

This is going to be interesting over the next few years
Rams also have 5 starters who will become free agents next year,

holy hell jags are gonna have 2 #1 picks in the next 2 years!!! Never would I trade 2 #1's unless it was for a franchise qb and a good one at that. wow.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom