Jalen Ramsay to Rams for two first-round picks, per Shefter [MERGED] (1 Viewer)

Lots of Sour ? on this thread. They did kick our butts the last two times we played them and now added the best CB in the NFL
Really... kicked our butt. If I remember correctly, the Shams were gifted the NFC championship game. If I also remember correctly, the Saints were robbed of a momentous game changing TD this year...not to mention a HOF QB going down in first quarter.

Lots of Sour ? on this thread. They did kick our butts the last two times we played them and now added the best CB in the NFL
Incorrect.

We beat them in the regular season match up last year. And it wasnt as close as the final score indicated. In the playoffs, we were cheated by the refs.

This is going to sting them in the near future, especially since at least a couple of these players (Goff and Gurley) are very likely not going to perform up to the standard of their contracts...

...and you can soon add highest paid CB to the list. Something is going to have to give soon.

Their cap is about to be a mess, and their prime draft capital is already gone. I don't think this is going to be sustainable for them, and even with Ramsey, there are doubts that this current roster construct is going to work, much less into the future.

This is going to sting them in the near future, especially since at least a couple of these players (Goff and Gurley) are very likely not going to perform up to the standard of their contracts...

...and you can soon add highest paid CB to the list. Something is going to have to give soon.

Their cap is about to be a mess, and their prime draft capital is already gone. I don't think this is going to be sustainable for them, and even with Ramsey, there are doubts that this current roster construct is going to work, much less into the future.

As of now the Rams look to have about $22 mil in cap space to start next year. They can easily add another 20 to that by converting some salaries and roster bonus's into signing bonus's.

Thinking a bit more about it they won’t have to pay Peters and l think Talib will be gone so it may be doable money wise

The Rams now have no draft capital and cap space for a while. Without Peters or Talib, even if Ramsey plays up to pro-bowl standards, the Rams still have gaping holes on the other side of the field (remember how the Saints had Eric Allen making pro-bowls in the mid 90s but we'd still give up a lot of points b/c we had the hot dog vendor playing opposite him?). It's worth noting that Ramsey has been successful in JAX, but he has also been playing opposite another highly rated CB in AJ Bouye there. I'm reminded of how Swilling had a solid career after leaving here, but wasn't the same when he wasn't with Jackson.

Re: the Rams' potential...They have a lot of stars and could still theoretically be dangerous, but I wonder if the Super Bowl did expose a fatal flaw other teams can exploit. I'm normally highly skeptical of pundits saying "Team X has shown us the blueprint to beat Team Y." For example, in 09 they said DAL showed everyone the blueprint to beat us - pressure Brees (GASP! NOOO! NO ONE REALIZED THAT IF YOU PRESSURE A QB THEY'RE NOT AS GOOD BEFORE). The fact is DAL had an elite pass rusher who could beat our very good OL, something most teams did not have. With Belichick making defensive adjustments after McVay could no longer communicate with Goff on the headset...that seems like a philosophical/strategic maneuver that even non-Patriot teams could employ with at least some effectiveness (as opposed to easier-said-than-done things like telling a team they need to just take away an elite receiver or rush the passer or whatnot).

Last edited:
I don't understand the logic behind this trade. Where is the upside to this deal? Even if Ramsey comes in and plays like a shutdown Corner, is that going to help them enough to win it all? Probably not. I don't think Deion or Rod Woodson could make that much of a difference in today's league.

Last edited:
Peter's gone, Talib IR.. I mean they throw jalen on mike... but he still probably wont guard mike.. and jared cook eats their depleted secondary.

I think the dealing is finally going to catch up to the rams.

As of now the Rams look to have about $22 mil in cap space to start next year. They can easily add another 20 to that by converting some salaries and roster bonus's into signing bonus's.
That number doesn't appear to include Ramsey's salary. There was a tweet posted earlier in the thread that added his $13.5MM salary for this year and his number for next year too.

Unless you're getting info from somewhere that includes his salary. If so, could you link the site?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom