Jalen Ramsay to Rams for two first-round picks, per Shefter [MERGED] (1 Viewer)

Similar to the Rams-Jags Dante Fowler move last year.

One back burner item which could hurt the Rams more is the new CBA in 2021. That is when Ramsey becomes a free agent....
Players want to do away with franchise tag... if that happens or if the tag value increases significantly then Rams will have to pay more to retain him. In fact all free agents in 2021 and beyond could become more expensive.
The owners won't give up the franchise tag unless the players give up something big like an 18 game schedule.

Wow. The starpower deals they've made the past two years - Peters (now gone), Talib (IR), Suh (now gone), Cooks (extended contract), Fowler, Mathews, Weddle. Extending Donald and Goff. Now Ramsay.

They don't have a first round pick in forever and watch the NFL let LA host the draft in 2022 (a TBD date on the schedule).

Last edited:
Makes no sense they trade away one headache and trade a bunch of picks for another one. I gave Rams too much credit earlier when I said they were getting draft picks for assets that are tradeable. This fixes nothing for them. They still have a limp expensive R.B and Q.B that has been mediocre since Gurley went gimpy. Oh yeah im laughing my butt off ?

Last edited:
Crazy if things don't improve over there. And I will enjoy it. They may improve somewhat defensively but that offensive line is horrible. All I can say is...Whatever to them....lol

Last edited:
They expect Talib back this season such as last year and Ramsey is a fine number one corner to fill in for now. Their back up corners can’t be worse than what they’ve been getting from Peters. Once Talib comes back watch out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom