Jamaal Charles (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Guys i've been going crazy over him. He is an amazing back. Has the speed Combine 40: 4.38 Height: 5-11 Weight: 200 He's a former track star who played at texas. He can do everything Return/Catch/Run/Block If we sign samuels or briggs ( Somebody posted something from fox sports saying we are the leader for Samuels) I say we draft him with our 3rd round pick. I dont think deuce will return and i doubt we re-sign Steck. He would be a great back. He can hit ( as you'll see in the video) He has great vision and outside speed. Knows how to use he blockers well. I think his best aspect is his catching and speed. Bree's would love a pure RB who can catch and run. Reggie is more of a WR. Sorry had to say it though
Heres a highlight video just to show yall

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgOdDkjUo1s

Last I checked Reggie could catch and run in college. The fact that Charles does also doesn't mean anything about his NFL success. His physical build is even lighter then Reggies. If we are going to take a RB it should be someone who is big and powerful.

I wouldn't be against taking a RB, but this class is extremely deep at that particular position so you can probably get a quality guy in the fourth or possibly fifth.

You guys think we may take a back if he is there at a spot nobody thought he'd be? Or do you think we will stick to our plan and get young talent on D? Players that slip can make a GM lose focus.

You guys think we may take a back if he is there at a spot nobody thought he'd be? Or do you think we will stick to our plan and get young talent on D? Players that slip can make a GM lose focus.

Other than this board, who said our plan is to get young talent on D?

Sorry, but I just don't see the need to take a RB in this year's draft. We already have a young multi-purpose one in Reggie. We got lucky with an UDFA in Thomas who is a second year back with a total of what....one or two games under his belt, that can carry the load. And let's not forget we still have Duece, if he can come back. Oh, let's not forget we can always bring back Stecker if need be. I don't think any RB is excited to be a FA this off season with the draft as deep as it is.

I have a feeling IF we need to wind up replacing duece....more of a power back, we'll have no problems doing so. With this year's draft being so deep at RB, look for either rookies to go undrafted or teams to cut one of their vets. We are in good shape either way.

I'd rather we draft a WR with those kind of stats, as he has a better chance of seeing the field this coming season.

I played in a band with his uncle Ervin Charles and hes a great kid . He would be great pickup.

Only RB you should look at is Mendenhall out of Illinois....and only if Deuce is done

According to Mike Detellier, we're supposed to make a strong push to get Michael Turner here if things don't work out w/ Deuce. As much as I'd hate to see Deuce go, I'd feel better knowing we probably got the best FA RB available. And if the draft is so deep at RB this year, who's to say what late round or free agent gem (like Pierre Thomas) we might land? Payton seems to like to stockpile RBs (and WRs) - Michael Bennett from two years ago and Antonio Pittman from last year - and cut or trade them. I'm sure we'll be ok in the RB department.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom