Jamal Adams says teams other than the Saints need to stop these defensive celebrations (1 Viewer)

Celebrate after you win the Super Bowl. All those group photos mean nothing unless you take home the big prize.

I wish we would dial them back. Celebrating every time you basically do what you are paid well to do isn’t a great look, especially when you are behind in the game.

Celebrate after you win the Super Bowl. All those group photos mean nothing unless you take home the big prize.

It’s still just a game. Let them have fun. Now...celebrating when you’re 21 points down, like Jalen Ramsey was doing tonight is a no go

I wish we would dial them back. Celebrating every time you basically do what you are paid well to do isn’t a great look.

At what point did football stop being a game?

But as long as 20 somethings are invlolved, they'll always copy each other with no shame. Independent thinking takes a while to kick in for many. If ever.

I mean they have worn it out tho, seems like EVERY team does that celebration now.

Tbh, I wouldn't mind the Saints coming up with something else. I like variations on skits and stuff like that. Anything that gets the team having fun together works for me. I don't mind the photo opps, loved it last year, but, this year, it's fine but I'd like to see some other stuff. Choreographed dances can be pretty fun. I liked Ingram and Snead/Moore TD dances back when they were doing those.

I actually hate all the break dance moves and the standing over the opponent after a sack , a tackle or whenever they make a play..... time to celebrate is when its a TD or when you win the game... as for what the saints defense started at first didnt like it but found myself actually enjoying it when they would pose for the fans to tack photos....

Last edited:
Well, sacks and turnovers don't happen all that often, unless you're the Saints or Rams defense along with a few others. I think thing they can be as valuable as turnovers. Turnovers are a pretty big deal and often represent significant change in the momentum of a game. I think they're worth celebrating. It can be uplifting for players and fans alike. I'm all for it if done at a reasonable level.

Of course, what's reasonable varies greatly among fans, and part of why we have discussions here. No right/wrong on this issue, imo.

It all started with the great Billy "White Shoes" Johnson...

635836987973966195363551071_skmXyI.gif

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom