Jamal Adams says teams other than the Saints need to stop these defensive celebrations (1 Viewer)

In what world did the saints create this????

The panthers super bowl year they did this everytime they closed out a game with a defensive stop or turnover. Not sure if they created it, but they definitely did this before the saints.

I wish we would dial them back. Celebrating every time you basically do what you are paid well to do isn’t a great look, especially when you are behind in the game.

i mean that is the team and the swagger that they bring, it is the identity of the team. That is why i reckon Adams has come out with this is because we do it as part of our mentality and makes our defense what it is while our teams are just jacking it.

I think the NFL should resort back to its ban of group celebrations, as they have become idiotic. Now its not just for TDs, its for interceptions. What's next? I made a 1st down so let's post for a group picture?

Celebrate after you win the Super Bowl. All those group photos mean nothing unless you take home the big prize.
100% agree. Celebrate when your end goals are achieved....don’t give me the “ they are just having fun” line either...do you think DB9/GOAT is not having fun?...he masters his craft and does it with class...we need more of that, not less....

And yes, I am a grumpy old guy

I would rather see the "slash throat" or" tommy gun moves" rather than the simpleton celebrations, that's just me

Can you imagine if basketball players celebrated every time they scored, stole the ball, or passed to another player?

I wish we would dial them back. Celebrating every time you basically do what you are paid well to do isn’t a great look, especially when you are behind in the game.
Man, it's a celebration after a turnover or big play on third down. They're not robots. Let them enjoy the damn game.

Tbh, I wouldn't mind the Saints coming up with something else. I like variations on skits and stuff like that. Anything that gets the team having fun together works for me. I don't mind the photo opps, loved it last year, but, this year, it's fine but I'd like to see some other stuff. Choreographed dances can be pretty fun. I liked Ingram and Snead/Moore TD dances back when they were doing those.
I don't think defensive players dancing would work as well as the skill guys on offense.

Yes, it is very stupid when losing

It all started with the great Billy "White Shoes" Johnson...

635836987973966195363551071_skmXyI.gif

I can remember Billy "White Shoes" beating the 49ers in 1983 on the only Falcons "Big Ben" play I can still bring myself to watch. Mainly, because it was against the 49ers and not us :) I'm afraid if instant replay had been in place back then, it might not have counted, but still memorable.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom