Jameis after 5 weeks (by the numbers) (1 Viewer)

Nice write up. A lot to like and still a lot to improve. Thanks.

Jameis has benefited from our defenses take always giving him a short field to work with. Once you combine that with his great long ball passing it fills in a lot of his stats. I would be very concerned with our offenses time of possession stats because they are placing more work on this defense making it harder for them to close out games.

I think Jameis will get better as the season goes on. What i really want to see is him taking ownership in this offense, to the point where he can carry the rest of 8the team along with his football awareness and leadership. Not all of the issues are his but he needs to be able to lift certain players up and get the most out of them.

Jameis just needs to adjust to a more west coast ball control offense. I know thats not how his game has been but it is a much more controllable and efficient sort of offense that has worked very well for us and is proven to last. He can still air it out when its there but playing small ball is important to avoid getting shut down.

This is definitely a thoughtful assessment and I think its pretty accurate. I'm expecting an elevation in his play out of the bye. Better completion percentage and YPG with better weapons, sack percentage dropping with OL help, and higher PFF percentage. We are missing 4 starters on offense and I'm definitely expecting improvements.

The only number here that is concerning is the completion % and I think that will go up once we get MT and Trequan back in the lineup, also wish they would trade for Andy Isabella from Arizona...
Due to JW’s wheelhouse being down field passes, I actually think 60-65% completion rate is where he’ll live and if he can keep that mentality without throwing a bunch of INT’s, I’m good with it.

I think the quick strike offensive attack compliments the D we have tremendously well. It has all the makings of being able to smother opponents quickly.

I was watching the game with my father and I thought he bought up a good point when I bought up Winstons struggles in the intermediate area of the field. He matter of factly explained Winston wasn’t the problem in that area it’s that our receiving core so far doesn’t consist of intermediate route runners they’re all field stretchers. Mike Thomas and trequan should help immensely in that area if he’s right.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom