Saints Jameis getting stronger day by day 💪🏾⚜⚜⚜ (1 Viewer)

The major difference between Winston's dedication and the dedication of most of the other Saints player's is that Winston and his PR team make sure everyone sees his dedication on a regular basis.

He's not doing anything that most of the other Saints players don't do when they have a similar injury. He doesn't work any harder than most of the other Saints players.

Winston's just always has his PR guys posting videos of his work. Some people then make the mistake of thinking that "if there's no photos or videos it isn't happening." So they get the mistaken impression that the other Saints players aren't as dedicated and working as hard as Winston.

Think about it like this, what if what he's doing in those videos is all that he's doing? All we see in those videos is what he's doing while he's being recorded and knows he's being recorded. I'm sure he's working hard, because you can't recover from an injury to make an NFL roster without working hard.

Short video clips do a lot to create impressions, but they do very little in the way of proving anything.
Lmao... You need a therapist.

Why, because you're not comfortable with objective facts and truth spoken about Winston?

Seems you're projecting.
I dunno, I wouldn't call assumptions about Winston working compared to his teammates objective facts. Or your thoughts about how much we see or don't see of his workouts. There's nothing objective about your comments.

We should just consolidate all the JW threads. Most of the threads on the board lately center around him and Hill.
Probably just start a QB search 2022 thread and throw them all in, Winston, Hill, Book, Wilson, Rodgers, Carr, Wentz….

I dunno, I wouldn't call assumptions about Winston working compared to his teammates objective facts. Or your thoughts about how much we see or don't see of his workouts. There's nothing objective about your comments.
The only assumption I made in my post is that most of the other Saints players work as hard at recovery from an injury as Winston currently is.

Do you think that my assumption is a more subjective and less likely accurate assumption, than the assumption that Winston works harder at recovery than any other Saints player?

Everything else I wrote is an objective fact. It's a fact that all we see in the videos is what he's doing while he's being recorded. Are you claiming that's not an objective fact? If so, please explain how we can possibly see things he's doing that we don't see in the video.

Quote the specific things I wrote that are not a fact, besides the assumption that most Saints players work as hard and are as dedicated as Winston is.

Winston is smart to make his ACL recovery public as he is a free agent looking for a contract.
Completely agree. That's the reason and whole point of companies and people doing PR. It's part of marketing. It is also intentionally designed to create a brand impression, promote a brand message and/or create brand loyalty. Winston is very good at and successful in his PR efforts.

If he stays here I just hope he plays a bit smarter when it comes to health. That play he got injured on he was fighting for what, a yard at most? Just go down, we needed him and would probably be playing this weekend had he still been healthy. But I understand that game against his former team he was super hyped and emotional, but if we put another season on his shoulders and he has another season ending injury due to trying to force something to happen its gonna be disappointing.

The only assumption I made in my post is that most of the other Saints players work as hard at recovery from an injury as Winston currently is.

Do you think that my assumption is a more subjective and less likely accurate assumption, than the assumption that Winston works harder at recovery than any other Saints player?

Everything else I wrote is an objective fact. It's a fact that all we see in the videos is what he's doing while he's being recorded. Are you claiming that's not an objective fact? If so, please explain how we can possibly see things he's doing that we don't see in the video.

Quote the specific things I wrote that are not a fact, besides the assumption that most Saints players work as hard and are as dedicated as Winston is.
To your first question, both are subjective because none of us are there to be able to judge, and even if we were, it would still be subjective.

What we see is objectively a video showing Winston working out. But that's about it. My subjective opinion is that it's nice to see Winston working out considering it's such a short time after his injury. I didn't expect to see him being able to move laterally like he's doing in the video at this point. It seems to me that him being able to do what he's doing in the video is no accident. It's pretty apparent that it would take hard work to get to that point. I think most people would agree with that. This coupled with his being on the sidelines supporting his teammates is a good look. It helps his case, but it's probably a good sign that the team means something to him. Most of that is subjective.

The video is a snapshot sure. But as you suggested, it isn't something that proves or disproves anything. That's all subjective.

You’re probably right, but I’m not going to discount his efforts to turn his career around either. Jameis seems like a good guy who is trying his arse off to make it in the NFL and to be perfectly honest, to make some more millions of dollars that will change his life forever. Who can blame him for that?

My biggest concern is the dedication of team resources to players that aren’t going to live up to their chunk of the pie. The Jairus Byrds and Junior Galettes of the world have me cautious about investing big money and years into players that can’t contribute what’s advertised. Jameis has the personality and dedication, but hasn’t shown he’s a good enough QB yet. That’s it for me. Should he come back, it should be a cheap and easy to get out of contract and he should face some competition for the starting role. The Saints are taking a chance on him, not the other way around.
Fair enough. Ultimately, it's going to be the Saints front office who will have to decide how much risk they want to take. I just tend to think, if I'm Winston, if they don't offer me a multi-year contract, I'll look elsewhere. I think he's proved enough to be given the keys to the offense for the next 2-3 years and go from there. But that's me.

Should he come back, it should be a cheap and easy to get out of contract and he should face some competition for the starting role. The Saints are taking a chance on him, not the other way around.
You’re probably not going get any of those things if he comes back.

And I don’t think he’s proven enough to blankety be given the keys to AK and MT’s primes and the best defense we’ve had in decades. It’s as simple as that. I was just as angry with the front office wasting Drew’s prime with terrible choices on defense as I would be with this decision being taken lightly because Jameis is a good guy that tries hard.
What makes you think this decision is being taken lightly?

Oh, I don’t necessarily think the team is taking it lightly. They haven’t really let on how they’re thinking one way or the other. I think the Jameis fans on SSF are taking it lightly because they’re enamored with some of his traits rather than what’s he’s actually proven on an NFL field.
If we had a plethora of QB option yes.... But clearly It's draft a QB, Resign Winston,or start Book.

We can look at FA QBs take actually passed for more than 1,000 yards in... Any Dalton, Jacoby Brissett,and Teddy Bridgewater

Just wonderful

I get it... you're in this denial stage with Anyone but Winston, but we are F R E A K E D if we try to get a new QB. We are in a situation unless we are willing to dump 1st round picks for aging QB. It's Nobody but Winston with solid upside. I dislike it as much as you do.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom