Saints Jameis getting stronger day by day 💪🏾⚜⚜⚜ (1 Viewer)

Mike Tripplet
So speculation, even if it is Mike Triplett. Again, why bring in a guy five years older than the QB who’s been in your system for two years and knows it, pay a king’s ransom for him, and set your offense back two years giving him time to learn the system and develop chemistry with the receivers? Plus, you give up stock you have on hand to fill needed positions and backup.

Last edited:
So speculation, even if it is Mike Triplett. Again, why bring in a guy five years ears older than the QB who’s been in your system for two years and knows it, pay a king’s ransom for him, and set your offense back two years giving him time to learn the system and develop chemistry with the receivers? Plus, you give up stock you have on hand to fill needed positions and backup.
It doesn't make sense to me, either. ESPECIALLY, when you can get easily outbid and if you do get him... Completely limits what you can do to improve the offense.

Mike Tripplet
But it is still speculation. From an article by Trip 3 days ago:

"Even if money was no object, it’s still immensely difficult to acquire a franchise quarterback.

The Saints could definitely have the desire to pursue a top option like Wilson or Rodgers via trade. And both are actually scheduled to make less than $30 million in salary and bonuses in 2022."

"Could definitely" are speculative words. He has no more on the subject than we do.

So you’ll admit that “there isn't any real answer at QB including Winston this year”, but my only point is to avoid an expensive multi year deal For a QB that hasn’t proven the be the answer at QB. So I’m not sure what you’re going on about here.
Duhhhh

I been saying it all year. Focus on improving skills on offense and run for a QB in 2023. I don't care how much you pay Winston to keep him, because I don't pocket watch him or any player on our team. If we have eat a year of dead salary to dump him for Russ or Rodgers. Just do it.

So you’ll admit that “there isn't any real answer at QB including Winston this year”, but my only point is to avoid an expensive multi year deal For a QB that hasn’t proven the be the answer at QB. So I’m not sure what you’re going on about here.
So Winston going 5-2 means there isn’t an answer among any of the QBs on the Saints roster this past season? Wow. This must be coming from someone who would do anything just to get Wilson.

Duhhhh

I been saying it all year. Focus on improving skills on offense and run for a QB in 2023. I don't care how much you pay Winston to keep him, because I don't pocket watch him or any player on our team. If we have eat a year of dead salary to dump him for Russ or Rodgers. Just do it.
Why?

Which part... Signing Winston to a deal and dumping him for a better QB? Or not trading for a QB this off season? Because I rather rebuild the roster this season and getting an elite QB for free next season while gambling on Winston to reach his potential.

Truth be told, not many can give you a legitimate answer regarding Russ (generic stuff like "he's a winner" and "he's been to the Super Bowl" and "he's a leader") not really understanding how much Pete Carroll has to do with that success, but when you ask about skillset, it's crickets. If I HAD to dump Jameis for anyone, it would be Rodgers.

Truth be told, not many can give you a legitimate answer regarding Russ (generic stuff like "he's a winner" and "he's been to the Super Bowl" and "he's a leader") not really understanding how much Pete Carroll has to do with that success, but when you ask about skillset, it's crickets. If I HAD to dump Jameis for anyone, it would be Rodgers.
And that's if Winston struggles next season or gets injured.

Winston has to make it apparent that he does not clear air of doubt of him being our next franchise QB to get dumped.

Which part... Signing Winston to a deal and dumping him for a better QB? Or not trading for a QB this off season? Because I rather rebuild the roster this season and getting an elite QB for free next season while gambling on Winston to reach his potential.
The second part is good. Except, I’m not for getting rid of Wilson at any time if it means mortgaging the farm. I’ll just be honest. I don’t want to see Rodgers in a Saints uniform. He’s too old for one, and for another, the headaches he’s caused in Green Bay are just not worth it.

Last edited:
Just no to Aaron Rodgers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom