Saints Jameis getting stronger day by day 💪🏾⚜⚜⚜ (1 Viewer)

The second part is good. Except, I’m not fit getting Wilson at any time if it means mortgaging the farm. I’ll just be honest. I don’t want to see Rodgers in a Saints uniform. He’s to old for one, and for another, the headaches he’s caused in Green Bay are just not worth it.
It's a lot of wishful thinking. When you're in NO Man's Land for QB. It's a lot if wishful thinking that never happens.

Jameis didn’t go 5-2 alone, the team went 5-2. Some pretty bad players went 5-2, some average players went 5-2 and some great players went 5-2. I’d put Jameis in the middle category of average players. I don’t recall a single one of those games where I saw him being the reason we won. He managed the games with a leash on, which was the most Payton was willing to let him do.
Come on dude. It’s an offense of 11. No one player is the sole reason. What you just said doesn’t hold water.

The second part is good. Except, I’m not fit getting Wilson at any time if it means mortgaging the farm. I’ll just be honest. I don’t want to see Rodgers in a Saints uniform. He’s to old for one, and for another, the headaches he’s caused in Green Bay are just not worth it.
What are all the headaches he's caused in Green Bay? I know folks are still salty over the COVID thing but what else really?

Rodgers is the only QB trade I'd begrudgingly welcome
And we still got to see if his play doesn't fall off a cliff in 2022 or even noticeably decline. The latter would probably scare Loomis off after experiencing how rapid Drew decline can be and how father time would always check Drew in the Playoffs.

Which bring up another question... Does Payton and Loomis want to go through another late career QB?

And we still got to see if his play doesn't fall off a cliff in 2022 or even noticeably decline. The latter would probably scare Loomis after experiencing how rapid Drew decline can be.
Drew's decline came from his arm which wasn't all that strong to begin with...I look at an old Aaron like an old Favre, his arm would more than likely never go out like Drew and Peyton...I feel as if he can go just as far into his 40s as Brady has....if he wants to.

Drew's decline came from his arm which wasn't all that strong to begin with...I look at an old Aaron like an old Favre, his arm would more than likely never go out like Drew and Peyton...I feel as if he can go just as far into his 40s as Brady has....if he wants to.
Ehhhh... I think I believe all these QB decline are body dependent and can't really be compared to another. It's really random and will come out of nowhere unless they have annual HGH treatment in Germany like Tom Brady. Lol

Ehhhh... I think I believe all these QB decline are body dependent and can't really be compared to another. It's really random and will come out of nowhere unless they have annual HGH treatment in Germany like Tom Brady. Lol
They'll just swap TB out for a fresh Tom Brady like on "The Island" if he starts to drop off.

What are all the headaches he's caused in Green Bay? I know folks are still salty over the COVID thing but what else really?
Man, he single handedly ran off Mike McCarthy. There was turmoil between him and the GM about drafting Love until that was smoothed over. He did what Brady did, but Belichec didn’t blink in New England.

Last edited:
Man, he single handedly ran off Mike McCarthy. There was turmoil between him and the current head coach until that was smoothed over. He did what Brady did, but Belichec didn’t blink in New England.
He had beef with the GM drafting Jordan Love not Matt the head coach.

Mike by all account worn out his welcome with Rodgers and he was 100% right.

He had beef with the GM drafting Jordan Love not Matt the head coach.

Mike by all account worn out his welcome with Rodgers and he was 100% right.
I stand corrected about the head coach. I knew it was beef with management again over and above McCarthy. Rodgers isn’t the one who decides who’s welcome was worn out. He’s there to listen to his head coach and to provide input. And it doesn’t matter that the GM drafted a young QB. Rodgers is getting long in the tooth. The GM was right to plan ahead, especially with the turmoil Rodgers was causing.

I stand corrected about the head coach. I knew it was beef with management again over and above McCarthy. Rodgers isn’t the one who decides who’s welcome was worn out. He’s there to listen to his head coach and to provide input. And it doesn’t matter that the GM drafted a young QB. Rodgers is getting long in the tooth. The GM was right to plan ahead, especially with the turmoil Rodgers was causing.
It's about having a level of respect. We contacted Brees when we was about to draft Mahomes.

It's about having a level of respect. We contacted Brees when we was about to draft Mahomes.
Who said Rodgers wasn’t contacted? Rodgers? And just because the guy may not have been contacted, he still doesn’t have the right to act a JA. He would still play QB1 until it was proven that he couldn’t. And if he still could, the organization still had the right to move on from him at the end of his contract if it so chose.

I wouldn't mind having Rodgers, but even he doesn't come without risks for the well known reasons, and also because I just don't get the sense he'll be in the league much longer. I'd rather go with someone young who we can build a team around for the next 5-8 years. I believe Winston can be that guy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom