Jameis is returning to New Orleans for another year (2 Viewers)

This is such a surprised after last year. So they’re going w/ him as a backup over Andy Dalton but they wouldn’t never play him as a starter over Andy Dalton.

That’s confusing.

This is such a surprised after last year. So they’re going w/ him as a backup over Andy Dalton but they wouldn’t never play him as a starter over Andy Dalton.

That’s confusing.

This has nothing to do with picking Jameis or Dalton. This is about our salary cap. Dalton isn’t under contract. Jameis is. They probably structured this where they save more with Jameis taking a pay cut than they would had they cut him. If they wanted Andy they would’ve had to cut Jameis, absorb his dead money, and spend money on Andy. If the roles were reversed and it were Andy that was under contract I bet we would’ve offered him the same deal.

I like this, and I am happy we could make it work. It saves us some cap$ and I think it makes us better. I also think it's good for JW. He gets to learn from DC as well, he will help refine the aspects of the game that JW lacks. I think it will make JW a better QB. Dalton may have been a better short-term fit for our offense but another yr in our offense and sitting behind DC I think will help him. Hopefully, he doesn't have to play but at this point, we know what we had in AD, maybe JW progresses

I like this, and I am happy we could make it work. It saves us some cap$ and I think it makes us better. I also think it's good for JW. He gets to learn from DC as well, he will help refine the aspects of the game that JW lacks. I think it will make JW a better QB. Dalton may have been a better short-term fit for our offense but another yr in our offense and sitting behind DC I think will help him. Hopefully, he doesn't have to play but at this point, we know what we had in AD, maybe JW progresses
Jameis is also a more fitting backup for Carr than Dalton would've been. Very similar skill sets. I'm also hoping Jameis doesn't have to play this season.

I’m good with him coming back as a super cheap backup - I said it was probably the best thing for him. But let’s be clear…. Him coming back had nothing to do with loyalty. His market value is basically null. If he had any opportunities out there to compete for a starting job or be in a better paid backup situation to a less than marginal starter…. He would have asked for his release and taken that opportunity. This is likely his last NFL contract as a QB unless he miraculously resurrects his career due to a rash of injuries. Every GM, HC, and NFL analyst seems to know this…. The only holdouts are a few Saints fans. Again. I’m good with having him as the backup for basically a low end backup price. But I hope he never sees the field.

Last edited:
I’m good with him coming back as a super cheap backup - I said it was probably the best thing for him. But let’s be clear…. Him coming back had nothing to do with loyalty. His market value is basically null. If he had any opportunities out there to compete for a starting job or be in a better paid backup situation to a less than marginal starter…. He would have asked for his release and taken that opportunity. This is likely his last NFL contract as a QB unless he miraculously resurrects his career due to a rash of injuries. Every GM, HC, and NFL analyst seems to know this…. The only holdouts are a few Saints fans. Again. I’m good with having him as the backup for basically a low end backup price. But I hope he never sees the field.
Correct, he would have only been a backup wherever he went and he wouldn’t have made what he’ll have the possible chance to make here

This is great.

Teammates love him. I’m sure one of DA’s biggest regrets is how everything went down with him.

The dead cap savings may be a major reason why he’s back. But it may also force them to mend fences, which would be great for everyone.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom