Jameis is returning to New Orleans for another year (1 Viewer)

Then, respectfully, you don’t understand football. He’s staying here for a reason and it isn’t because he’s very good.
How many people would've preferred Winston over Carr last season before the season started? I'd guess at least half. What's changed? Winston got hurt the first game of the season (a game he single-handedly won in the 4th quarter by the way). Disrespectfully, you don't know football.

I was looking very much forward to SSF returning to the years before he showed up.
Well, there's not much to argue about when Drew is the QB. Lol.

But then, there was that one guy who wanted to dump Drew like 4 years before he retired. :hihi:

This has nothing to do with picking Jameis or Dalton. This is about our salary cap. Dalton isn’t under contract. Jameis is. They probably structured this where they save more with Jameis taking a pay cut than they would had they cut him. If they wanted Andy they would’ve had to cut Jameis, absorb his dead money, and spend money on Andy. If the roles were reversed and it were Andy that was under contract I bet we would’ve offered him the same deal.

I agree with all of that and while it’s not a part of what you’re saying, I think it’s also true that there is enough remaining goodwill between sides to get this done.

I think if Winston felt seriously wronged, or the relationship had soured, he’d have asked for and received his release.

It’s good to know there isn’t a contentious split between Winston and the team and they were able to come to a deal that benefits both sides. We all know that egos can destroy relationships, reason and money be dammed.

Well, there's not much to argue about when Drew is the QB. Lol.

But then, there was that one guy who wanted to dump Drew like 4 years before he retired. :hihi:
Who wanted that? Even ruptured finger Brees is better than anything we’ve had since?

What a twist...lol.
But I don't know...he is starting to feel a type of "broken" to me. Hope that isn't the case and hope everything works out for all parties involved..

Should put our cap space at $8.43-9.43 million after the restructures earlier. Huge deal for the cap space alone, along with filling QB2.

Big time! And we don't have to wait until June 1st to get it.

Winston gets another preseason to showcase his ability and put some good tape out there. We get a backup who knows the offense and has a lot in common with Carr's play style. A win for all sides.

Big time! And we don't have to wait until June 1st to get it.

Winston gets another preseason to showcase his ability and put some good tape out there. We get a backup who knows the offense and has a lot in common with Carr's play style. A win for all sides.
I agree, solid move by the Saints FO. Two birds with one stone.

As a bonus, we get another season of Winston stats from jahsoul.

A little surprised that Jameis stayed. I think it’s the smartest move, but I understand being a competitor and believing you can start.

Part of me wonders if we’ll try to stash and move him if a team not named the Saints has bad luck with QB health.

A little surprised that Jameis stayed. I think it’s the smartest move, but I understand being a competitor and believing you can start.

Part of me wonders if we’ll try to stash and move him if a team not named the Saints has bad luck with QB health.

I don't think so. I think he's locked in as the backup for this season. Probably only because circumstances dictated it was best for both sides.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom