Jameis is returning to New Orleans for another year (1 Viewer)

Lol, it would hurt any player's soul. That's a pretty normal response. He never said he was angry with Allen that I recall and I don't think he's said much about his injuries since then.

I think people read more into what he said than was actually there.

And of course, most players would try to play though injuries if they could. We've seen that happen before.
Yeah, I think the disconnect appears to be about “losing his job due to injury” (which would imply he was healthy enough to get it back at some point) vs now still being unable to play.

Lol, it would hurt any player's soul. That's a pretty normal response. He never said he was angry with Allen that I recall and I don't think he's said much about his injuries since then.

I think people read more into what he said than was actually there.

And of course, most players would try to play though injuries if they could. We've seen that happen before.

He was healthy enough to play. The prognosis was always that it was a pain management thing and he was not at risk of paralysis or anything serious. The staff made the decision that Dalton ran the offense they way they wanted, and that JWs risk it no biscuit style wasn’t gonna cut it. Even after he publicly said he was upset about not playing and was healthy enough to do so…. And we were losing games with Dalton left and right…. They still never went back to JW. I still say he was only brought back as a salary cap maneuver to get space before June 1.

Yeah, I think the disconnect appears to be about “losing his job due to injury” (which would imply he was healthy enough to get it back at some point) vs now still being unable to play.
Maybe, idk what was going on behind the scenes, but my suspicion is he was never fully healthy this season which seems to be why he never played the rest of the season.

I think he was frustrated because he wanted to be on the field. Understandable.

He was healthy enough to play. The prognosis was always that it was a pain management thing and he was not at risk of paralysis or anything serious. The staff made the decision that Dalton ran the offense they way they wanted, and that JWs risk it no biscuit style wasn’t gonna cut it. Even after he publicly said he was upset about not playing and was healthy enough to do so…. And we were losing games with Dalton left and right…. They still never went back to JW. I still say he was only brought back as a salary cap maneuver to get space before June 1.
Well, we won't agree on that point, so I'm moving on.

I’m good with him coming back as a super cheap backup - I said it was probably the best thing for him. But let’s be clear…. Him coming back had nothing to do with loyalty. His market value is basically null. If he had any opportunities out there to compete for a starting job or be in a better paid backup situation to a less than marginal starter…. He would have asked for his release and taken that opportunity. This is likely his last NFL contract as a QB unless he miraculously resurrects his career due to a rash of injuries. Every GM, HC, and NFL analyst seems to know this…. The only holdouts are a few Saints fans. Again. I’m good with having him as the backup for basically a low end backup price. But I hope he never sees the field.
You’re Winstonizing…..

Just like with everything else about ole dude, sounds like you have no idea what you are talking about. The back wasn't the issue.

Just like with everything else about old dude, sounds like you have no idea what you are talking about. The back wasn't the issue.

I remember that guy! Lol. He claimed Jaylen Waddle had a knee injury and would miss at least 2-3 weeks and he was back out in the next possession, haha. In a preseason game!

I remember that guy! Lol. He claimed Jaylen Waddle had a knee injury and would miss at least 2-3 weeks and he was back out in the next possession, haha. In a preseason game!

Can't speak about the dude per se, but that was the actual issue, as Underhill provided specifics.

Can't speak about the dude per se, but that was the actual issue, as Underhill provided specifics.

That’s fine. Again, Jameis made it seem like he “lost his starting job” due to injury. The implication being that he wasn’t reinstated once he was healthy enough to play.

So what’s the reality? Was he kept on the bench once he got healthy enough to play, as he was seeming to imply? Or was he unable to play?

Regardless…he’s not getting paid to sit out and rehab all of 2023.

That’s fine. Again, Jameis made it seem like he “lost his starting job” due to injury. The implication being that he wasn’t reinstated once he was healthy enough to play.

So what’s the reality? Was he kept on the bench once he got healthy enough to play, as he was seeming to imply? Or was he unable to play?

Regardless…he’s not getting paid to sit out and rehab all of 2023.
And DA made it sound like he lost his job due to performance :shrug:
He was considered "healthy enough to play" but he was also considered that when he shouldn't have been on the field. Players want to play but I think plenty people noticed that he still moved with a limp and Underhill said that he was still rehabbing last month.

I'm not saying that he will be street clothes, but he is just going to rehab and focus on getting healthy. And the thing you are missing is it isn't just about Jameis; we got cap relief for this move, so it is a win/win.

Ask MT13 if it wasn’t about performance…. He had 2 feet out the door before DC was brought in. The players, coaches, and GMs know…. And all of them have said without saying…. No to JW. Everything else is JW fan mental gymnastics.

Again, I’m fine with him being back on a deal that gives us cap relief, makes him cut able, and keeps him holding a clip board unless a total catastrophe occurs…. But if he ends up on the football field at any point for more than mop up duty …. I’m firing up the boat. Lol

And DA made it sound like he lost his job due to performance :shrug:
He was considered "healthy enough to play" but he was also considered that when he shouldn't have been on the field. Players want to play but I think plenty people noticed that he still moved with a limp and Underhill said that he was still rehabbing last month.

I'm not saying that he will be street clothes, but he is just going to rehab and focus on getting healthy. And the thing you are missing is it isn't just about Jameis; we got cap relief for this move, so it is a win/win.
Except in your scenario, we still need to spend money to get an actual backup who can play effectively.

You would be spending all the money you just saved to go out and get someone else. And if that had been the case, they would have just given the $ to Dalton.

And the thing you are missing is it isn't just about Jameis; we got cap relief for this move, so it is a win/win.
We also kept a guy who's started a lot of games in this division and who's familiar with the players and the playbook. Who hopefully doesn't have to take anything other than garbage time snaps this season.

We also kept a guy who's started a lot of games in this division and who's familiar with the players and the playbook. Who hopefully doesn't have to take anything other than garbage time snaps this season.
Taysom? I get it and it wouldn’t be a terrible idea.

I just wish he could focus 100% on the jumbo slash role. I’m more than happy with Jameis as the backup. He’d arguably be the best backup in the league. I just don’t think paying him to rehab without actually playing games is wise bc we’d be better off getting a pure backup QB than paying Jameis not to play (again, assuming he can’t play at all).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom