Jameis is returning to New Orleans for another year (1 Viewer)

Taysom? I get it and it wouldn’t be a terrible idea.

I just wish he could focus 100% on the jumbo slash role. I’m more than happy with Jameis as the backup. He’d arguably be the best backup in the league. I just don’t think paying him to rehab without actually playing games is wise bc we’d be better off getting a pure backup QB than paying Jameis not to play (again, assuming he can’t play at all).
We're still five months away from the preseason. If they thought he wouldn't be ready to go by the regular season, chances are he'd have been designated a post-June 1 cut with a failed physical designation.

I also want Taysom to get no fewer than 10 touches in the jumbo slash role. He also showed last season he's pretty deadly on intermediate throws and I even saw him diagnose coverage pre-snap on his TD passes, as well as that beautiful throw to Kevin White.

Except in your scenario, we still need to spend money to get an actual backup who can play effectively.

You would be spending all the money you just saved to go out and get someone else. And if that had been the case, they would have just given the $ to Dalton.
Except that he probably can and will play, if called. You are making it like I'm saying he is going to be in street clothes. He has all off season to heal plus he doesn't have the pressure to go out every week as QB1, so he can legitimately get 100% healthy. I probably wouldn't have done it but it's not like the reasoning don't make sense.

Except that he probably can and will play, if called. You are making it like I'm saying he is going to be in street clothes. He has all off season to heal plus he doesn't have the pressure to go out every week as QB1, so he can legitimately get 100% healthy. I probably wouldn't have done it but it's not like the reasoning don't make sense.
You said we are paying him to rehab.

You said we are paying him to rehab.
In essence, that's what he is going to be doing. He has this offseason and next season to focus on getting healthy. He is going to rehab, practice, dress, cheer the team and wash rinse repeat until next offseason. We all talk about Carr only missing 3 games until he got benched for Stidham, so we shouldn't have anything to worry about there. And what we get for that? Money that can be applied to free agency right now and a 4 million dollar backup that has burnt most of the teams we are playing this season. Sounds like a win/win.

In essence, that's what he is going to be doing. He has this offseason and next season to focus on getting healthy. He is going to rehab, practice, dress, cheer the team and wash rinse repeat until next offseason. We all talk about Carr only missing 3 games until he got benched for Stidham, so we shouldn't have anything to worry about there. And what we get for that? Money that can be applied to free agency right now and a 4 million dollar backup that has burnt most of the teams we are playing this season. Sounds like a win/win.
You don’t intentionally start a season with your only backup QB being unhealthy. That’s not a win/win, because you’re going to have to spend whatever cap $ you saved avoiding dead $ to go find someone who can play.

The season begins in over five months. I promise you they didn’t sign him with the idea that he wouldn’t be healthy enough to play effectively by then.

You don’t intentionally start a season with your only backup QB being unhealthy. That’s not a win/win, because you’re going to have to spend whatever cap $ you saved avoiding dead $ to go find someone who can play.

The season begins in over five months. I promise you they didn’t sign him with the idea that he wouldn’t be healthy enough to play effectively by then.
Yeah, I would think the assumption when they signed him is that he be 100% or close to it by the time training camp starts. Otherwise, why would they sign him? Would be pointless if he couldn't play well into the season.

Reread the post.....
I've said this a few times; it's not about him not being healthy enough to play. His only worry sounds like it is being a good teammate and making sure that he is 100% healthy going into 2024. With all of the talk about Carr's durability, Jameis playing should not be a major concern, so he can focus more on health and, again, we get cap relief and a cheap backup that has torched most of the teams we are playing this season.

That's all the Winston detractors have left . . .

fd54db2b8b3df92b3cd289b4700a0fa3--facebook-comment-memes-funny-facebook.jpg

That's hilarious... I'm no "detractor".... I have made it clear I like the guy as a teammate and person... He's just a bad QB. There is literally a mountain of evidence to support my stance on him... Including his contract, his record, players like MT ready to leave if he wasn't replaced, the consistent effort by the team to find his replacement, the fact that Andy Dalton kept him on the bench when his soul was hurt because his lost his job "to injury" while he assumed he was healthy enough to come back, the fact that CSP didn't wait for him to be cut to sign a much needed backup in Denver, the fact that AD got twice as much $ on the open market as he did just to stay here to help our cap situation instead of being a June 1 causality... The entire NFL including GMs, Coaches, and Players have weighed and measured him... and said No thanks.

The only people left on the planet that are still singing his praises are right here on this board...

This will be my last post about him here... I'm with Brandon - I think I am done. At this point you guys are arguing that the sky isn't blue. Keep doing your mental gymnastics about him... I am out... LOL

That's hilarious... I'm no "detractor".... I have made it clear I like the guy as a teammate and person... He's just a bad QB. There is literally a mountain of evidence to support my stance on him... Including his contract, his record, players like MT ready to leave if he wasn't replaced, the consistent effort by the team to find his replacement, the fact that Andy Dalton kept him on the bench when his soul was hurt because his lost his job "to injury" while he assumed he was healthy enough to come back, the fact that CSP didn't wait for him to be cut to sign a much needed backup in Denver, the fact that AD got twice as much $ on the open market as he did just to stay here to help our cap situation instead of being a June 1 causality... The entire NFL including GMs, Coaches, and Players have weighed and measured him... and said No thanks.

The only people left on the planet that are still singing his praises are right here on this board...

This will be my last post about him here... I'm with Brandon - I think I am done. At this point you guys are arguing that the sky isn't blue. Keep doing your mental gymnastics about him... I am out... LOL
Oh...you'll be back. Yes you will. :hihi:

Yeah, I would think the assumption when they signed him is that he be 100% or close to it by the time training camp starts. Otherwise, why would they sign him? Would be pointless if he couldn't play well into the season.

Well it sounds like they structured this deal so we save more money by keeping him than cutting him. So there is another point. But I do believe they think he'll be healthy enough to be a backup during the season.

Well it sounds like they structured this deal so we save more money by keeping him than cutting him. So there is another point. But I do believe they think he'll be healthy enough to be a backup during the season.
Well, you only save money if you don't need to go get another backup. So I think it's safe to say they're planning for Jameis to be the back from the word go.

Please be true!!!!! For the record, I wasn't even referring to you when making the post, but if the shoe fits . . . and obviously it struck a nerve. See ya around.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom