Saints Jameis looks sharp in workout with TE Tim Lukas (1 Viewer)

Hate to be guy who brings this up, but how come Taysom isn't working with any of his team mates. Seems he would want to build a rhythm or rapport with the offensive unit

You mean as a Joker, a slash type player?

Jameis is smart to put as much tape out there as he can. If he doesn't win the starting gig then he's needing other teams to see he's working and ready to play. He's still rehabilitating his image. Smart move imo.

As for Taysom, I'm sure he's working out with some of the guys as well. As others have said he's just not publicizing it.

If Jameis has learned from Drew the value of a 5yd checkdown and not forcing throws then I don't think it will be much of a competition. His biggest challenge will be learning to take what the defense gives him and not what he wanted to do pre-snap. He needs to learn to keep moving the chains and not have a homerun mentality on most plays.

If Taysom can learn to read both sides of the field and be more decisive he will have a legit shot. He also needs to do better in the pocket when the first read isn't there. He's too fast and strong to take sacks because he isn't pulling the trigger. I get that he's trying hard to develop himself as a pocket passer. But if it isn't there he needs to use his God given tools. He also needs to work on ball security.

That Brees guy throws a crisp ball! Looks good on the deeper throws. What is different in that, always watch a QB set up and after the throw. Brees is still working it as game type reps. He throws the outs like they should be, underneath and way outside to allow the WR to work up, pushing the DB back and then able to be just underneath the route to work back (and a bit of arc). It is out of bounds incomplete or a completion. That timing route is touch to defend when executed properly...and obviously thrown against the right coverage.

What I found interesting is Winston seemed to almost be "coaching" Lukas on his routes and such. Just worry about you, Winston!!

Here is a larger copy of the video which is over 3 weeks old.

Lukas, I believe, is a CFL player.

Please quit letting any Winston or Hill thread degrade into silly and petty arguments. There will be no prizes for members who pick the eventual starter correctly.

Blue 80 is back in effect.

I'm coming around to the idea that Winston will have a solid season.
Yeah, heā€™ll likely have some early challenges with settling in, running the O, and developing chemistry n leadership with his teammates. But heā€™s also had a year to watch n learn CSPs O, n how to run it all from one of the best, in Drew!

That said, after some 15 years of #9 running the show, thereā€™ll be some new challenges for Sean Payton as well. But even w/o Drew, IMO, the man is STILL one one the best offensive minds in the game! Given what heā€™s learned n knows about Winston, I think heā€™s already put together his ā€œvisionā€ for Jameis and the O this season.

Weā€™ll see.

The thing that concerns me with all these videos leaking of Jameis is that he seems to be auditioning for not only the Saints but league wide.

We know Taysom is putting in the same work

We know 32 other NFL QBs are putting in the work

Jameis seems to be the only one leaking this videos almost every week of him ā€œoutperformingā€ everyone. Smart move by his PR people to ensure he gets paid somewhere, I just hope all this work really pays off and just isnā€™t a ā€œlook at meā€ segment.

May the best man win the job, and I WILL SUPPORT whoever wins the job because I'm a SAINTS fan 1st, and will always be.

With that said, whether some agree with Winston's video sessions or not, you have to at least appreciate that he is trying to reshape his image and win some of the crowd...prior to the start of the season. Therefore, I don't think he is doing it for the wrong type of attention. I believe he is trying to show growth, maturity, motivation, and humility. Yes, it could all be smoking mirrors, but it appears that he is really trying to turn the corner, and do better at this point in life...until I see otherwise.

I'll close with this, since being a Saint, he has been pretty quiet with any off field shenanigans like he did at FSU and Tampa Bay...so, maybe...just maybe he has now learned his lesson, and understands his place within an organization. Especially after being an apprentice under a future Hall of Famer for (1) year.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom