Saints Jameis looks sharp in workout with TE Tim Lukas (1 Viewer)

All the editing in the world won't change the fact that in the same drill to the same WR Drew's placement was spot on, Jameis's not so much.
In a few words; SHOW ME! These lame drills, odd footwork, nothing to see here, kinda viddys don't thrill me! Way too early to "tell" anything and YES, editing out is an easy way to "appear" better than you are. So? Not out of the question at all!

I will support whoever wins the job in TC.

Let's just hope that we get competent and efficient play from the QB position.

Ton of talent. One can see why he was drafted first overall. Man I hope it translates.

No reason why it shouldn't. He wants it. His heart is in it. He's grown up. He's getting the best coaching one could ask for.

If it does translate, he could be the MVP.

All the editing in the world won't change the fact that in the same drill to the same WR Drew's placement was spot on, Jameis's not so much.
Yes. That is why I posted that Drew/Lukas video after I watched it. Old, "broken down" Brees was throwing some nice balls. There was a lot of adjustment from Lukas to bring some in on simple outs with Winston (each out of in a different spot). Brees is doing "game time" drop backs, set ups and finishing steps while Jameis almost literally gets a snap, stands and throws...pitch and catch. It is good to see him working, but this is just standard fare and sort of just "tossing" for him to get receiving reps more than taking his passing to the next level. He can throw...yes...but every NFL QB ever attached to a team can throw very well in "pitch and catch". This isn't a Winston video to gauge how much he has improved...it shows nothing, honestly. HE and all NFL QB's (even practice squad guys) should look pretty good doing this. Heck, I look damn good doing pitch and catch and I am not suiting up ever again...LOL.

Thanks for the link. Winston has insane arm talent. What will define him here is his decision making within Sean Payton's offense. Drew was one of the all-time greats when it came to where to go with the ball.
Such a compelling season we have ahead of us.

He does have physical talent off the charts. What I would like to see is him set better before each release.

Drew steps into the stance every time. I don't see Jameis doing that. Jameis is wicked strong, and he gets the ball there in his own way. But he isn't using the same mechanics Drew uses. I wish he would, because I think it would help him.

He does have physical talent off the charts. What I would like to see is him set better before each release.

Drew steps into the stance every time. I don't see Jameis doing that. Jameis is wicked strong, and he gets the ball there in his own way. But he isn't using the same mechanics Drew uses. I wish he would, because I think it would help him.
Did you see the Brees/Lukas video I posted. That shows it exactly. Most QB's, even in "pitch and catch" will be working on and reinforcing there true game drops, set up, release and finish. There is a reason almost each of his throws on the "outs" looks different. He has always had a tough time with that out in game...pressure or not, wide open or against coverage. It comes out different each time on most of his underneath throws. He throws a beautiful ball lined up straight and deep between the hashes, though.

Did you see the Brees/Lukas video I posted. That shows it exactly.
Yes I did. That comparison is what made it so obvious.

There's a quite noticeable difference. Drew is precise in his technique. The set before the release is exactly the same every time. Jameis isn't doing that. He needs more work.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom