Saints Jameis looks sharp in workout with TE Tim Lukas (1 Viewer)

Like em both. Taysom brings that mobility to the position that I've always desired. Jameis pocket presence, arm strength and ball placement will probably win Sean over easily. Taysom looked extremely inept in the pocket, last year...like he cant see or whatever....anxious too.

Either way, both can get the ball downfield if needed, as well, so its going to be an exciting year.

Work on those slants.

9413BF75-B803-4C29-977A-9BB0EEA12C42.jpeg

One thing about Mike Thomas... last season we all realized that those quick slants Thomas caught from Brees was because that was the only pass Brees could consistently make in 2019 and 2020. Now he is going to get to run a much larger route tree like he was running in 2017 and 2018. I can see a lot of double moves coming because the film says slant but we all know CGM can do a lot more than that.

Here is a larger copy of the video which is over 3 weeks old.

Lukas, I believe, is a CFL player.

Please quit letting any Winston or Hill thread degrade into silly and petty arguments. There will be no prizes for members who pick the eventual starter correctly.

Lukas looks like the new Danny Abramowicz.

1622654613925.png

BTW, he's 75 years old.

Maybe I'm getting old, too.

Work on those slants.

9413BF75-B803-4C29-977A-9BB0EEA12C42.jpeg
Thomas game is about physicality, techniques, and winning tight catch windows on timing routes.

Doesn't seem to mesh well with Winston's game.

Thomas is kind of WR you need to birddog with surgical precision. Taysom got away with birddogging an injured Thomas badly. So, Idk... I think Thomas will make it work, but his catch rate will probably fall in the 60% and his target will probably get the most INT

Like em both. Taysom brings that mobility to the position that I've always desired. Jameis pocket presence, arm strength and ball placement will probably win Sean over easily. Taysom looked extremely inept in the pocket, last year...like he cant see or whatever....anxious too.

Either way, both can get the ball downfield if needed, as well, so its going to be an exciting year.
Question: [and this is for anyone who feels the same way as you do regarding TH7]....
What did you think TH7 would look like in his first starts after being thrown into the fire? He’s never had the luxury of solely focusing on being JUST a QB. Could anyone really expect another person to be really good at Microsoft excel, if they have only limited computer experience (and yes, playing QB in the NFL is way harder than learning excel). I just don’t get the harsh critiques? The guy had to keep us afloat in a playoff race and he didn’t even get a chance to do anything in that Broncos game bc SP ran the most vanilla gameplan imaginable, due to sportsmanship. Inept is a terrible term to describe Taysom’s four game stretch. He completed 72% of his passes with a 98 rating. How is that inept? It just doesn’t add up. Above anything else, even if he could only complete 50-60% of his passes, how are we not entertained by this guy physically imposing his will on defenders? These defenders are getting paid to strike fear in the hearts of offensive players, but yet this guy strikes fear in the hearts of defenders😆. I have to apologize, in a dang watered down NFL, this guy has that old school football mentality that is severely lacking, with the new age QB style. This guy literally has every coach/GM trying to find a player like him. He’s a dang Legend already. How can we not put our complete faith into letting him be our QB? I personally don’t care how a QB moves the chains. And if they truck a couple of defenders while running for those first downs, then that’s a bonus for me. Didn’t 37% of his passes go for 1st downs??? How is that inept??? How high is the dang bar??? I want to see receipts!!!

(Disclaimer)....I worked until almost 5am, I’m a little delirious and sleep deprived. But I say what I mean and mean what I said. Can’t agree with inept.....I can agree on anxious. But wouldn’t you be anxious if you were in that position of replacing the GOAT in a playoff race, with no real prior experience?

Last edited:

Negatives attributed to Winston putting him in the position he is now actually are pocket presence and ball placement. Weaknesses in his game.

It perplexes me when hear statements like,
"Taysom looked extremely inept in the pocket, last year...like he cant see or whatever....anxious too." The stats and especially the FILM doesn't support that narrative. A few plays may have not looked to your standing, but that is every NFL QB's game. This regurgitation is unfounded. Winston has a ton of film regarding his concerns. Winston has film showing his strengths in game, as well. Talking points must be founded in fact. Hill has some valid concerns people have pointed out with fact, film, etc. Valid talking points. The blanket statement of "extremely inept in the pocket" is a lazy, generalized, uneducated assessment.

There are a few “core” things I like to see if Jameis can do. He has to show leadership n execute CSPs offense effectively. I remember when Drew told Teddy, “Completions are good!” Do that, n move the chains, cause it’ll help set up the rest of the O. Most importantly, he has to be able to take care of the ball!

That said, IMO, there are couple of things here that he didn’t have in TB, that should benefit and improve his play. Obviously, better coaching. CSP is one of the best. And IIRC, for like 3-4 straight years, JW n the Bucs had a new OC. He’s now has had a chance to sit n watch Payton’s O, n learn a lot from one of the best in Drew! Gotta believe Coach liked what he saw in Jameis during that time to keep him!

Then there’s our O line. In 2019, along with his 30 INTs, Winston was sacked 47 times. Moreover, the Bucs ended 2019 ranked 24th in rushing n 28th n ypc. Meanwhile, we have the best pair of OTs, in Ram n TA, n C Erik McCoy, who in only 2 years, is now rated in the top 10 at the position! (So please don’t move him, y’all!) . We also have one of the best duos at RB, in AK n Murray! Now, I could b wrong, but I think there’s more than a few NFL QBs who'd jus LOVE to have an O line n run game like ours! 😂

For Winston, it’s now as close to a reality as it gets!

The rest is up to him!

Negatives attributed to Winston putting him in the position he is now actually are pocket presence and ball placement. Weaknesses in his game.

It perplexes me when hear statements like,
"Taysom looked extremely inept in the pocket, last year...like he cant see or whatever....anxious too." The stats and especially the FILM doesn't support that narrative. A few plays may have not looked to your standing, but that is every NFL QB's game. This regurgitation is unfounded. Winston has a ton of film regarding his concerns. Winston has film showing his strengths in game, as well. Talking points must be founded in fact. Hill has some valid concerns people have pointed out with fact, film, etc. Valid talking points. The blanket statement of "extremely inept in the pocket" is a lazy, generalized, uneducated assessment.
Use play action with Winston a LOT and have him roll outside the pocket a LOT to make him have an elite season. Believe it or not Winston is a dual threat and not a classic drop back passer

He averages 13 yards rushing per game in his career.
Use play action with Winston a LOT and have him roll outside the pocket a LOT to make him have an elite season. Believe it or not Winston is a dual threat and not a classic drop back passer
Winston can throw on the move and he almost awkwardly has gotten out of some would be sacks. That isn't a knock on him, he just athletically has gotten out of some pressure in a "how'd he do that?" way. That being said, he isn't a dual threat, but CAN run and is strong. He is a classic drop back passer, though.

If you PA a lot and roll him out, defenses just play contain and and you will have one side of the field taken away from him every play which doesn't bid well for production. ...that is with any QB and they would be more one dimensional with a lot of PA and boots.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom