Jameis throw the hail marry at the perfect angle (1 Viewer)

TheIronSheik

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
The way he lofted it up so high, the ball took 4.5 seconds to come down, the time in the air gave Callaway who was the only WR lineup on the oppsite side of the field be able to slow down and line up in perfect angle to catch it. Callaway was able to get position in the crowd and box out and catch it.

The way he lofted it up so high, the ball took 4.5 seconds to come down, the time in the air gave Callaway who was the only WR lineup on the oppsite side of the field be able to slow down and line up in perfect angle to catch it. Callaway was able to get position in the crowd and box out and catch it.
It was perfection

Excellent throw, and for some reason I had a feeling that we would have a chance at it. Also, I wonder if their defense expected us to throw a quick 10 yarder, and set up for a long field goal. I obviously haven’t seen the all-22 film, but it sort of looked like the Defense was scrambling down the field to cover our WRs!

From my untrained eye watching it live it didn't look like Washington was expecting a hail mary at all. It seemed to me the defenders were running with the receivers and no one was waiting in the end zone. I think they were expecting a quick out to try to get into field goal range.

Jameis throws a beautiful deep ball. No question about it. Reminds me a lot of the type of deep throw Rodgers makes. The ball comes down, nose down. A lot of deep balls by NFL QB’s, the ball comes in flat. Allen of Buffalo, throws a very flat deep ball. Actually, Hill throws a very flat deep ball. Rodgers throws the prettiest deep ball I have seen, maybe outside of Joe Montana.

From my untrained eye watching it live it didn't look like Washington was expecting a hail mary at all. It seemed to me the defenders were running with the receivers and no one was waiting in the end zone. I think they were expecting a quick out to try to get into field goal range.
This. I think the only people expecting the Hail Mary were the Saints. It was evident when we saw most of the defenders trailing our receivers. It was gorgeous.

Jameis throws a beautiful deep ball. No question about it. Reminds me a lot of the type of deep throw Rodgers makes. The ball comes down, nose down. A lot of deep balls by NFL QB’s, the ball comes in flat. Allen of Buffalo, throws a very flat deep ball. Actually, Hill throws a very flat deep ball. Rodgers throws the prettiest deep ball I have seen, maybe outside of Joe Montana.
.....and warren moon

thats exactly why it worked so well. a hail Mary did not seem like the viable option because a quick out and field goal made more sense. Payton probably knew thats what they would set up for so he knew they would be susceptible to giving up a hail Mary. we were tied up so he told Jameis to let it fly. and it worked! Thats what makes Payton a great playcaller (usually)

He said before that they practice that. To Jameis...that's a pass and he put it where his guy can get it. I mean, yes it's a Hail Mary, but man if you practice fire evasion weekly...get it down to a science...are you really evading a fire or making a maneuver ,that you do well, and now have a high percentage of safe escape?

That's why I said that that was just pass and catch for Jameis and Callaway, bc of how they practiced it. It's what they do well....not just on Hail Mary passes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom