Jameis Winston 2020 (1 Viewer)

I love Taysom. Hope he’s here for a long time.
But I really want Jameis to work out and be the future, how often do good teams land a former #1 pick that has thrown for 5000 yards? If he has matured and can fix the turnovers, he could be magical in this offense for years to come.

But I really want Jameis to work out and be the future, how often do good teams land a former #1 pick that has thrown for 5000 yards? If he has matured and can fix the turnovers, he could be magical in this offense for years to come.
I'd say the turnovers were more on the offensive scheme than him, as he has never led the league in interceptions up until this year. So the fact that we got a former #1 pick who just threw 5k yards and 33 TD, in a busted system with busted eyesight for nothing, is sensational..lol

This isn't about current events involving Drew.

I just feel like Jameis on this team after his eye issue was resolved would flourish.. we would trounce every team we play.

Im for Jameis in 2020.

I’m for Jameis in 2020 to be a great clip board holder and backup QB to the GOAT. Take that opportunity to learn from the best player he’s ever shared the locker room or QB room with. If he takes that mindset he could truly grow as a player.

The turnovers go all the way back to college. It’s been a major issue since day one of stepping on the field at FSU. If he can minimize those, mature a little, and absorb some stuff about preparation and leadership from Drew then we may have something brewing moving forward.

I'd say the turnovers were more on the offensive scheme than him, as he has never led the league in interceptions up until this year. So the fact that we got a former #1 pick who just threw 5k yards and 33 TD, in a busted system with busted eyesight for nothing, is sensational..lol

While partially true, he had the best coach he’s played for in the NFL last year in a QB friendly system. His turnover issues date back to college. I think Sean and Drew can help tremendously in that area.

While partially true, he had the best coach he’s played for in the NFL last year in a QB friendly system. His turnover issues date back to college. I think Sean and Drew can help tremendously in that area.
I think the turnover "problem" in college coincided with all of the personal things that was going on. He went 40/10 his first season and threw 18 his second.

As far as Bruce Arians system, I wouldn't call it QB friendly at all, especially in the first season. It is pass happy but consist of long, drawn out routes without the consistent TE/RB short or intermediate routes that made it successful in the...lol..late 70s -80s. That's why the whole 30-30 thing was overblown to me. The guy still threw more touchdowns than interceptions. Most Bucs fans don't even realize that he doesn't even hold the franchise record for most interceptions in a season. :LOL:

The turnovers go all the way back to college. It’s been a major issue since day one of stepping on the field at FSU. If he can minimize those, mature a little, and absorb some stuff about preparation and leadership from Drew then we may have something brewing moving forward.
Just saw this comment and would have to disagree on this. As I said up top, he threw 40/10 his fist season as starting QB at FSU.

Truth be told, Brees interception rate during his time at San Diego is actually pretty comparative to Winston's before the 2019 season, which happens to be 4 "full" seasons for both. Brees threw around 9 less touchdowns but 5 less interceptions. That's why I feel so good about this move. Honestly, this change of scenario and system might be what he needs.

Last edited:
If there is a full 2020 season, we might see some plays involving Winston.

CSP has always used the entire roster and its full potential.
Still no one else besides Brees, barring injuries, will start a game this year

Jameis has to learn how to make better decisions before he should come anywhere close to throwing a football for an NFL team again.

Say whatever you want about his TD / passing yards, Jameis was a turnover machine during his tenure in Tampa.

IMO as many have stated already he needs a year to sit and learn from SP / Goat how to efficiently run a offense.

I find it comforting that we have weapons all over the place and two starting caliber QBs. For years if Drew went down we all knew it was over. Now with Winston I don't think that's the case. At all. Obviously losing Drew would be a huge blow but if Teddy could step in and not lose a game then I think Winston could do well.

Winston has averaged 3,947 yards, 24 TDs, and 18 Ints a year. Sure the Int numbers aren't great but still, those are pretty good numbers for backup QB. And I don't think he'd do any worse in SP's offense.

He wont be throwing those interceptions in offense as the scheme is more sound. We witnessed Teddy step in and run the offense and execute the game plan granted he is not a turnover prone QB but to come in an run an offense and go 5-0 means you have an ability and the offense your running plays to your strengths.

I think the turnover "problem" in college coincided with all of the personal things that was going on. He went 40/10 his first season and threw 18 his second.

As far as Bruce Arians system, I wouldn't call it QB friendly at all, especially in the first season. It is pass happy but consist of long, drawn out routes without the consistent TE/RB short or intermediate routes that made it successful in the...lol..late 70s -80s. That's why the whole 30-30 thing was overblown to me. The guy still threw more touchdowns than interceptions. Most Bucs fans don't even realize that he doesn't even hold the franchise record for most interceptions in a season. :LOL:

Just saw this comment and would have to disagree on this. As I said up top, he threw 40/10 his fist season as starting QB at FSU.

Truth be told, Brees interception rate during his time at San Diego is actually pretty comparative to Winston's before the 2019 season, which happens to be 4 "full" seasons for both. Brees threw around 9 less touchdowns but 5 less interceptions. That's why I feel so good about this move. Honestly, this change of scenario and system might be what he needs.

It's not just ints that are the mistakes. It also fumbles, sacks, etc. Bad decisions come in different forms. I've seen him against the Saints for 5 years now. I know when we played him his mistakes cost them many games.

Jameis has had 10+ fumbles in 3 of the 5 years he played. Brees had 10 fumbles one time in 19 years.

Jameis also has 33+ sacks 3 times out of 5 years. Brees has had that many twice.

I sure hope he is the future QB for the New Orleans Saints. I always hoped we would get lucky like the Colts or Packers and get us a high rated draft pick QB like Andrew Luck or Aaron Rodgers who replaced once in a lifetime QBs in Peyton Manning & Brett Favre. But instead of having a terrible year and getting a high draft choice, we got a #1 overall pick from the 2015 draft in QB Jameis Winston instead. That’s like having our cake and eating it too by not having to have the worst record in the league or get lucky a QB drops to us. He showed last year that he can sling it, but also turn it over. But he played in a really tough offense and may of had eye issues to boot. So this year he gets to sit behind & learn from our future hall of fame QB and learn the system from one of greatest offensive coaches of all time. And he had corrective eye surgery to hopefully fix any issue he had there.

Plus I would much rather Taysom Hill stay in his joker role as I think he will be more effective to the team in that role. He’s already shown he can catch and run it effectively, so why not keep him catching it and running it. I don’t think he needs to play special teams much longer cause I want him to stay healthy now that he’s closing in on 30.

So yes I’m in the future is Jameis camp for sure. I hope he really learns as much as he can from Drew and coach. I hope he fits in well with the locker room and the team loves his great personality. I hope he earns the chance to be the starter next season, but I just hope Taysom will be fine if Jameis beats him out right for the spot. I think Taysom has earned a chance to be the starter, but he hasn’t shown me enough to be that guy. Jameis has shown me that he has the ability to be an effective starter in the NFL especially with the coaching we have in place.

But for this year I hope he just fills the Teddy role in that he’s the main backup QB. Other than possibly being a Hail Mary QB, I hope he just sits & learns as much as possible. And maybe come in for a play here and there, but not too much

Last edited:
Can we trade Winston for Teddy B? :sneaky:
I‘m a huge supporter of Teddy. I was on this board calling for us to get him during our 7-9 seasons. I think he is the safer bet than Jameis if you have a complete team built around him, but I think the ceiling on Jameis as far as where he can take us is much higher. It is also more of a risk if he performs like he has so far. At some point you have to take care of the ball. I’m hoping we can make a Brett Favre out of him. Someone that had unmatched potential, but with a tendency to be way too careless. If we can just get him to eliminate a couple of crucial mistakes here and there then this could be the start of something great.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom