Jameis Winston embracing change, seeking fresh start with Saints (1 Viewer)

• Admin
1591739881738.png

By John Sigler | Saintswire

The biggest move of the New Orleans Saints offseason might have been the addition of third-string quarterback Jameis Winston. Just 26 with five years of starter’s experience behind him, Winston took a below-market salary for the opportunity to learn and grow as an understudy to Drew Brees.

And he’s doing everything he can to shake up his training process, changing everything from his workout schedule to his diet. Winston was quick to acknowledge the elephant in the room: his poor on-field decision-making, which led to a league-leading interceptions total in 2019.

“Sometimes, your biggest strength can be your biggest weakness,” Winston told Bleacher Report’s Tyler Dunne. “I’m an attacker. I’m trying to attack consistently. I’m trying to attack every time I play. I want you to feel my presence every time I’m in the game.”

It’s a tough balancing act, and Winston’s stats line speaks to it: last year, he lobbed 30 interceptions against 33 touchdowns, embodying the “no risk it, no biscuit” philosophy preached by Buccaneers head coach Bruce Arians. The 5,109 passing yards Winston put up last season rank eighth-most in NFL history, so the upside to taking chances is clearly there. ...

Full Story - Saintswire - USA Today

Andrus Whitewing

Andrus Whitewing

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom