Jameis Winston left practice early. (1 Viewer)

I ain’t fooled. I very much doubt the 49ers would have gotten to a Super Bowl and 2 NFFCG in 3 years with Dalton as their QB. He played well in NE too. And yes I know it’s the NE system. At some point we have to give him some credit. Can’t just say it’s the coach every time. The guy ain’t a scrub. He’s a great game managing QB. Like I said before, he isn’t perfect. But the comment I was replying to was if he was an upgrade over Dalton and the answer to that is a resounding yes. Only a fool would think different. You ain’t getting to a Super Bowl with Dalton no matter who the coach. JG is good enough to do so.
Dalton wasted his career Stafford-style with a perpetually hapless Bengals team, and even then, Dalton actually had success on many bad Bengals teams. Give him a coach like Shanahan or BB from the beginning and you're likely speaking a different story about Dalton. Jimmy G barely touched the field in NE, so I don't even count that. Hell, I basically equate Trey Lance taking over for Jimmy G to Mahomes taking over for Alex Smith. If he helped the 49ers to a SB and 2 NFCCGs, then why are they moving on to a completely inexperienced rookie? Because he's better than Jimmy G? How so? No, he's being replaced because Shanahan doesn't want to carry a Goff like McVay did. I mean, even the Saints were playing with a glorified game manager in Brees at the end of his career, but they didn't move on from - even despite nearly signing Brady (which is what should've happened in hindsight.).

Again. It's the Shanahan system. Again, look at how the Falcons fell apart as soon as he left. Look at the 49ers offense as soon as Shanahan showed up. Jimmy G is a system QB, and it's obvious that Shanahan is keeping the ball out of his hands as much as possible (e.g. the massive overthrow to Sanders in the SB.). He's proven nothing beyond sitting behind Brady and lucking into a Dollar General McVay.

Everyday I'm thankful I stopped sniffing glue, then I visit threads like this, I really question my life choices.The doom and gloom... Dalton really... I rather Billy Joe Tolliver..

Dalton wasted his career Stafford-style with a perpetually hapless Bengals team, and even then, Dalton actually had success on many bad Bengals teams. Give him a coach like Shanahan or BB from the beginning and you're likely speaking a different story about Dalton. Jimmy G barely touched the field in NE, so I don't even count that. Hell, I basically equate Trey Lance taking over for Jimmy G to Mahomes taking over for Alex Smith. If he helped the 49ers to a SB and 2 NFCCGs, then why are they moving on to a completely inexperienced rookie? Because he's better than Jimmy G? How so? No, he's being replaced because Shanahan doesn't want to carry a Goff like McVay did. I mean, even the Saints were playing with a glorified game manager in Brees at the end of his career, but they didn't move on from - even despite nearly signing Brady (which is what should've happened in hindsight.).

Again. It's the Shanahan system. Again, look at how the Falcons fell apart as soon as he left. Look at the 49ers offense as soon as Shanahan showed up. Jimmy G is a system QB, and it's obvious that Shanahan is keeping the ball out of his hands as much as possible (e.g. the massive overthrow to Sanders in the SB.). He's proven nothing beyond sitting behind Brady and lucking into a Dollar General McVay.
Maybe you’re right about certain things. He certainly has benefited from great coaches. Not disputing that for a second. But please take all bias out of the equation. You can’t honestly genuinely believe Dalton would be a better QB of choice right now than JG. The guy hasn’t been a starter in years. It’s all “woulda, coulda, shoulda”. Maybe Dalton would of been great under BB and Shanahan. Who knows. But the point is, we don’t know for sure.

Do you really think Dalton is a better choice than JG? Come on man. I’m going off the past 5 years of actual football and yes he’s made mistakes like any other QB, but comparing Dalton to JG in the past 5 years is just crazy. There’s only one winner.

I basically equate Trey Lance taking over for Jimmy G to Mahomes taking over for Alex Smith.
The only way that would work is if Trey balls out, win an MVP but still miss the Super Bowl and then Shanny fires the defensive coordinator and they win the Super Bowl with Trey having season stats identical to Jimmy G's last full season. 😶

If you don’t wear black and gold glasses the conversation should be, is JG better than JW. I think most NFL fans (excluding saintsreport forum members) would choose JG.
Except that the reality is that we have Winston under contract, and a different team has JG under contract.

If you don’t wear black and gold glasses the conversation should be, is JG better than JW. I think most NFL fans (excluding saintsreport forum members) would choose JG.
Based upon results you are right. I live in Northern California and I have seen most games Garrapolo played in and he is a good qb. Everyone will see when they get a look at Trey Lance.

Based upon results you are right. I live in Northern California and I have seen most games Garrapolo played in and he is a good qb. Everyone will see when they get a look at Trey Lance.
So good they want to trade him. Can’t find a taker. lol

Ask Belichick what he thought of Jimmy G.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom