Jameis Winston listed as Dark Horse MVP Candidate in NFL.com article (1 Viewer)

DerrickB

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
I can't see it. Especially with SP going with more of a run oriented offense, with Winston at the helm. Or so I've heard?

Its Sean Payton we're talking about. How much more run-heavy can he really tolerate. :ROFLMAO:
Lol for real. I'm sure it's been torture being forced to run the ball so much the pat few years. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he came out gunning this season playing with his new toy.

Me: *Checks to see if the QB competition has started yet*

8a3017a8e9472818232093594c3d0a4f.jpg

Last edited:
Its Sean Payton we're talking about. How much more run-heavy can he really tolerate. :ROFLMAO:

We are actually 6th in Rushing attempts for the 2020 season. Only 60 attempts behind the Ravens at 1st and the most rushing TDs at 30.

Kind of wild to be honest.

I can't see it. Especially with SP going with more of a run oriented offense, with Winston at the helm. Or so I've heard?

That depends on which Payton is calling the plays. Sure the "more conservative Sean" will be more balanced and maybe slightly more run-oriented. I believe Payton is gonna let Jameis sling it. Its been a while since Payton has opened up his playbook and allowed his QB to sling it all over the field.

Either way... I just hope JW has success. If he's successful, then the Saints will be successful.

I don't think SP forgets much. I think he remembers very well that during our 9 game winning streak we ran 30+ times pretty much every game. Right now with a few youngsters (and Peat) on our offensive line they are a better run blocking unit than pass blocking, that can change of course, maybe as early as this year (especially if Ruiz is moved to his proper C position)....

The strength of the Saints offense right now is the run game IMO

Lol for real. I'm sure it's been torture being forced to run the ball so much the pat few years. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he came out gunning this season playing with his new toy.
Gosh I hope he continue with that philosophy. That translated to more wins, less turnovers, NFC south champion 4 years in a row, better defense. I said it many time and will continue to say it forever....I rather the offense of the last 4 years than the offense of 2011.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom