Jameis Winston on Saints: 'It's like a Harvard education in quarterback school' (2 Viewers)

Would be interesting to see the cross reference of the people who hated Teddy Bridgewater being here last year with the people who hate signing Winston. You can't find a discouraging word about TB now but, man, last year it was awful.

I feel the same as I did a year ago. I think Teddy is a game manager who won’t win a Super Bowl unless carried by a great defense. Jameis Winston on the other hand has the potential to be a game changer if he can clean up his interceptions. I’m currently on the side of hoping that happens and Jameis becomes our next quarterback.

Would be interesting to see the cross reference of the people who hated Teddy Bridgewater being here last year with the people who hate signing Winston. You can't find a discouraging word about TB now but, man, last year it was awful.

I was in the Jameis is better than Mariotta camp back when they were drafted. I really liked him. I think both camps ended up wrong in that case. But I'm happy to have him at the cheap price we have Winston now. There's no risk and he's very talented, at least as good of a prospect as many guys we could have drafted.

I certainly didn't hate TB last year. But I think Winston's ceiling as a pure passer is higher.

Hindsight is always 20/20. Teddy was certainly a class act, on top of what he did on the field! And Teddy never had an ounce of bad baggage with him, before he came here. Winston though; another story. That is the issue, more so for Winston than with Teddy’s signing. We will see. I am hopeful his off the field bad baggage is behind him. Benefit of doubt.
And yet all the hate and . . . undertones were there. I mean there was one poster who only (probably 90%) posted about TB and how shirt he was, and that was after a 5 game winning streak. The double standard for black quarterbacks is glaring. The thinly veiled racism is real and it's probably the reason a few brothas don't post here anymore.

You literally pointed out what we all knew about Teddy before he joined the team. That's not hindsight.

Yep...TB progressed exactly how I thought he would. For some games he was way more than a game manager, he made game winning plays....

And yet all the hate and . . . undertones were there. I mean there was one poster who only (probably 90%) posted about TB and how shirt he was, and that was after a 5 game winning streak. The double standard for black quarterbacks is glaring. The thinly veiled racism is real and it's probably the reason a few brothas don't post here anymore.

I hear you. I couldn't understand most of the TB criticism on it's face, it was nonsensical to me....he was an improving young QB with talent and leadership ability. I don't see how he could have done any better for the Saints....

You literally pointed out what we all knew about Teddy before he joined the team. That's not hindsight.

With Winston, we shall see. He carries a lot of off the field baggage, compared to Teddy! Many people doubted Teddy’s on field abilities, due to his injuries, and not to do with anything off the field. With Winston, there can be a lot of concerns. Both on the field and off the field. I am giving the Winston signing a benefit of doubt and it ends up working out. How about you?

Yep...TB progressed exactly how I thought he would. For some games he was way more than a game manager, he made game winning plays....

I hear you. I couldn't understand most of the TB criticism on it's face, it was nonsensical to me....he was an improving young QB with talent and leadership ability. I don't see how he could have done any better for the Saints....
It was Teddy’s injuries that were the concern. Nothing else. If you had no concerns about his injury histories, than you are a football savant.

Does EVERYTHING have to be about RACE????

Let's have a little fun with the discussion and all chill and enjoy a great scene from The League:

It was Teddy’s injuries that were the concern. Nothing else. If you had no concerns about his injury histories, than you are a football savant.

Of course they were, it was a calculated risk....

The worst thing about TB going to Carolina is that I can't be pulling for him. Had he gone to an AFC team I would have been an instant fan of that team.....

Winston has been a Saint for just a few days now and his focus and demeanor are already changing.
He does seem genuine in everything he's saying. Good luck kid, play your cards right and you will be on your way.
No doubt the skill level is there.
In the battle between good team members and bad organizational culture, culture always wins. Same goes for new team members and a good culture. Culture wins every time

You are making broad based negative generalizations about some forum posters, that you claim those posters are doing same, relative to Winston. You are no better. So just stay away.

Yes, deflect. You don’t like my observation and opinion so I’m not welcomed, ironic. I’ll be right here.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom