Jameis Winston signing looking brilliant with the likelihood of professional football in 2020 less hopeful (1 Viewer)

I don't think they should play, too much of a risk. Unfortunately, it will take a high profile player to get sick for the NFL to think about the consequences. No doubt about it, they will try and start the season.

Even if you recover from covid, there is a chance you can have long term damage/effects.

I've heard that, but it was speculation, no proof yet. The same can be said of flu.

Flu makes 100% of people very ill. Covid makes only a small percentage very ill, the rest have very mild cases, some nothing more than the sniffles. Either we need to elevate the fear of the flu, or decrease the fear of Covid.

I've heard that, but it was speculation, no proof yet. The same can be said of flu.

Flu makes 100% of people very ill. Covid makes only a small percentage very ill, the rest have very mild cases, some nothing more than the sniffles. Either we need to elevate the fear of the flu, or decrease the fear of Covid.

The cytokine storm that Covid causes is most likely what has lasting effects.

It's a LOT of money to lose. They are going to exhaust every single possibility. This much I'm certain of.
It is a lot of money to lose either way. There is no way the stadiums will be at full capacity and there is probably a higher probability there will be no fans in the stadium at all. These owners are crunching numbers and talking to attorneys. These owners are not going to want to lose more money if the season is played. They are trying to decide which one is worse at this point I am sure. Stadiums account for around $20M in revenue per game.

0% chance Drew retires if we don’t play or don’t finish a season. Literally 0%

I disagree. I think Brees would retire now if it didn't look like he was running away. I still don't agree with how the situation with him was handled. I'm sure he feels like the city and his teammates turned on him. He will move his family back to San Diego the first chance he gets. So if the season was canceled. I think he would use that opportunity to ride off into the sunset.

I wouldn't qualify it as a good signing at this point. We have all seen how mediocre he has always been. If that continues I would rather train a young QB than wait 3-5 seasons for a guy going nowhere to improve. If he catches fire and becomes a legit starter it is brilliant.

Because what your suggesting is an absolute, while this topic is still being discussed and decided on by those responsible for making that decision.
Oh,it may start. It won't finish, smart guy. Just like anyone who actually thinks that students will sit in a classroom for an entire year are kinda slow.

I wouldn't qualify it as a good signing at this point. We have all seen how mediocre he has always been. If that continues I would rather train a young QB than wait 3-5 seasons for a guy going nowhere to improve. If he catches fire and becomes a legit starter it is brilliant.

Jameis Winston for 1 million is a great signing. He needs to clean up the interceptions. Maybe the eye surgery was enough. Maybe it’ll take some work with Payton and Brees. But anytime you get a 26 year old quarterback who passed for 5,000 yards and 30 touchdowns for 1 million dollars, it’s a great signing.

Little chance contracts roll over. Players are going to want their money now because you can't get that extra year of viability back.

3 people in my family are already sick with Covid. Damn the season, I just hope people can just stay safe and healthy.

My cousin is a nurse working the covid ward. She tested positive. Hope your family gets through this unscathed. Btw what part of Tennessee?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom