• I thought he was the best QB in the league

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • I wish we would’ve signed Brady.

Votes: 13 14.4%
  • Not tacos but nachos with beef and jalapeños

Votes: 30 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You must be high off of someone's jock, because every chance you get you spew hate on Jameis!
I’m not going to sugarcoat it I don’t like the guy as a person and especially don’t like the idea of us going into a season with him as our QB. Ask yourself this question, if CSP were really sold on him then why have the Saints been in contact with the sea hawks about getting Russell Wilson?

Jameis wasn't as terrible for Tampa as most made him out to be. I know you can't "throw out" his 30-for-30 from 2019 because it did happen... but that was his first year in BA's system. Bruce Allen pretty much turned the offense over to Brady because Brady was almost looking like Jameis circa 2019, until Brady said you know what? I can't keep doing this.

But anyway back to Jameis...

For a moment I'm gonna throw out 2019 but I'll come back to it. Jameis Winston under Dirk Koetter (sp?) wasn't too bad... look at his TD/INT ratio:

1614277954141.png

Bruce Allen came and...

1614278119997.png

So its not as if JW has been a turnover machine his entire (short) career, but yes he has made some head-scratching decisions. He has a ton of arm talent he just needs a coach/system to bring it out of him. He has gone through an entire season learning under Payton and the offensive staff, so I would definite love to see what he can do. I know one thing... the entire field would be an option now with JW's arm strength. That's what has me most excited. I want to get back to the old Sean Payton offense.

Edit... one more thing I forgot to mention... Jameis had terrible defenses and zero run game during his time in Tampa. Reminds me of Drew during our 7-9 seasons.

I’m not going to sugarcoat it I don’t like the guy as a person and especially don’t like the idea of us going into a season with him as our QB. Ask yourself this question, if CSP were really sold on him then why have the Saints been in contact with the sea hawks about getting Russell Wilson?
This doesn't really make sense because there are probably fewer than 5 teams that are not going to inquire about Wilson. I like the potential that Jameis brings to the table but even his most enthusiastic supporter is not going to claim he's a HOF candidate at this point or a top 10 QB.

I always thought he was highly physically talented who never made the mental leap to take the game as seriously as e should’ve. Figured he was a guy who got by on enormous physical ability and through his career had basically been able to half arse the mental side. Then he got replaced, and no one wanted him. Big blow to his ego. Comes here and sees what’s real QB and a real system can do. So I’m hopeful if his mental focus has improved he could be an amazing QB, which is what I felt all that time in Tampa when he was led by some of the worlds worst coaches

Outrageously ignorant comments

1) u don't know him as a person. Only judging from 2nd hand info

2) why wouldn't CSP inquire about Wilson? Everyone knows he'd be the better option if available

I vote dumb thread

Last edited:
Bro, because he is better, DUH!!! I never said, "Winston is the best qb option for the SAINTS", but as a free agent, he may be though. Watson/Wilson all those guys are under contract and will require much more to get.

Bro, because he is better, DUH!!! I never said, "Winston is the best qb option for the SAINTS", but as a free agent, he may be though. Watson/Wilson all those guys are under contract and will require much more to get.
Watson or Wilson vs Winston is like comparing a Bugatti to a dump truck. Wilson and Watson are having careers that put them on the path to the HOF. While Winston is having a career that has put him on the path to being out of the league 3years from now. There’s talk the Wilson for example would take 3 first round picks to get. If that’s what it cost I would have done it yesterday.

This doesn't really make sense because there are probably fewer than 5 teams that are not going to inquire about Wilson. I like the potential that Jameis brings to the table but even his most enthusiastic supporter is not going to claim he's a HOF candidate at this point or a top 10 QB.
Nope, but even Top 15 would be better than most of what we've had pre-Brees. Winston has all the potential in the world, but the mental aspect of it has always been his Achilles heel. And I don't mean on an intellectual level. He's not dumb. But he's been immature, made poor decisions in his past, has been coddled, and he's been coasting on physical talent. I looked at him essentially taking a minimum deal to learn from CSP, Brees, and yes, even Hill as a potential turning point for him. If he can put it all together, he can have a great resurgence in his career, but it's on him to learn and improve.

Watson or Wilson vs Winston is like comparing a Bugatti to a dump truck. Wilson and Watson are having careers that put them on the path to the HOF. While Winston is having a career that has put him on the path to being out of the league 3years from now. There’s talk the Wilson for example would take 3 first round picks to get. If that’s what it cost I would have done it yesterday.
I'm with you on that. I do not put Winston anywhere on the same level as Wilson or Watson.

Outrageously ignorant comments

1) u don't know him as a person. Only judging from 2nd hand info

2) why wouldn't CSP inquire about Wilson? Everyone knows he'd be the better option if available

I vote dumb thread
I don’t have to know him as a person to know stupid behavior when I see it. Stealing $32.00 worth of crab legs. Stealing a coke from a Burger King, and stealing a laptop. The main thing that makes me not like him as a person is he raped a woman. He didn’t get charged because the campus police did a snotty job investigating the charge, but he did settle a lawsuit against him with the woman he raped. If you didn’t rape her you would’ve never settled the lawsuit to maintain your reputation. So I guess you are willing to ignore all of that because you love the way his jockstrap tastes.

You going through your 5 stages of Anti-Winston grief before we even sign the dude. It's a great proactive move to say the least if we do.

Jameis wasn't as terrible for Tampa as most made him out to be. I know you can't "throw out" his 30-for-30 from 2019 because it did happen... but that was his first year in BA's system. Bruce Allen pretty much turned the offense over to Brady because Brady was almost looking like Jameis circa 2019, until Brady said you know what? I can't keep doing this.

For a moment I'm gonna throw out 2019 but I'll come back to it. Jameis Winston under Dirk Koetter (sp?) wasn't too bad... look at his TD/INT ratio:

1614277954141.png

Bruce Allen came and...

1614278119997.png

So its not as if JW has been a turnover machine his entire (short) career, but yes he has made some head-scratching decisions. He has a ton of arm talent he just needs a coach/system to bring it out of him. He has gone through an entire season learning under Payton and the offensive staff, so I would definite love to see what he can do. I know one thing... the entire field would be an option now with JW's arm strength. That's what has me most excited. I want to get back to the old Sean Payton offense.

Edit... one more thing I forgot to mention... Jameis had terrible defenses and zero run game during his time in Tampa. Reminds me of Drew during our 7-9 seasons.

Right. And it's funny, many of the people who don't want you to throw out 2019 because of the interceptions also seem to conveniently dismiss that he led the league in passing that season.

You take the good with the bad. In this case, you can envision a world where better coaching and a system which tailors to his strengths could maximize the good and minimize the bad. At least that appears to be what SP is banking on.

1614277954141.png

Bruce Allen came and...

1614278119997.png

His Int rate was an outlier in 2019 to everyone. His positive numbers were also high (TD% and YPG). I take that year as an accentuation of what he was previously. The int rates in the past aren't good either. If you have a 3+ int% that is a bottom 5 type of number. His best 2.5% rate is still below league average. His fumble numbers are in a similar vein. I think it's fair to say he was very turnover prone his entire career.

To the OP...

When we played Jameis and the Bucs offense. My thought was we need to put up points, they can put up points. It will be a shootout type of game, but as long as we kept pace Jameis would probably make a bone-headed decision and we would win.

If you can coach out that part of Jameis's game you have a very good QB. Thinking you can coach it out is a risk in my mind. I'm willing to take that risk for the right price.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom