• I thought he was the best QB in the league

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • I wish we would’ve signed Brady.

Votes: 13 14.4%
  • Not tacos but nachos with beef and jalapeños

Votes: 30 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jameis wasn't as terrible for Tampa as most made him out to be. I know you can't "throw out" his 30-for-30 from 2019 because it did happen... but that was his first year in BA's system. Bruce Allen pretty much turned the offense over to Brady because Brady was almost looking like Jameis circa 2019, until Brady said you know what? I can't keep doing this.

But anyway back to Jameis...

For a moment I'm gonna throw out 2019 but I'll come back to it. Jameis Winston under Dirk Koetter (sp?) wasn't too bad... look at his TD/INT ratio:

1614277954141.png

"wasn't too bad" does not accurately describe 19:14 and 19:11. His TD/INT ratio for 2017 and 2018 were bad. In fact, his interception percentage has been TERRIBLE every single year.

His interception percentage in 2018 was 3.7% and 4.8% in 2019! The highest interception percentage last season was 2.1% https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_int_perc_single_season.htm

Winston's interception rate has never been lower than 2.5% in any season.

There's no way to sugarcoat it. Winston was not a good QB as a buc.

I thought Jameis was trash. But you know what they say...”Some peoples trash, is another persons treasure.” If we retain Jameis, i hope that’s the case.

With the options provided, you seem dead set on confirming your own bias.
Just the opposite. If you’d look you’d see where I’ve said I don’t like him as a person and I definitely don’t like him as our QB. Call it my bias but it’s just my opinion.

If everyone (League GM and coaches) thought his INT rate was an outlier, someone would have signed him for more than the peanuts the Saints did last season.

I think you are misinterpreting what I'm saying. It was an outlier as in it was off the scales compared to the league. His other seasons weren't outliers compared to the league but still around the bottom 5. So he was very turnover prone throughout his career even if his other seasons didn't stand out as bad as 2019.

"wasn't too bad" does not accurately describe 19:14 and 19:11. His TD/INT ratio for 2017 and 2018 were bad. In fact, his interception percentage has been TERRIBLE every single year.

His interception percentage in 2018 was 3.7% and 4.8% in 2019! The highest interception percentage last season was 2.1% https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_int_perc_single_season.htm

Is anyone arguing this? MOST of the support for Winston I see comes with a caveat that maturity, better coaching and a better system can hopefully fix/improve his issues. That combined with the fact that we don’t have a lot of better options, draft too low to get one of the premier quarterbacks and it doesn’t make sense to trade what it would take to get Watson or Wilson...

This makes Winston the best option this year. If he’s bad, we’re rebuilding and in a better position to draft a QB in 22... But! If he’s good, we still have a Super Bowl roster. It’s a gamble but there aren’t many options at this point.

I thought he was an incredibly talented young player with SEVERE maturity issues.

I thought his "eating a W" was idiotic when he was a buc. I cringed a little when he did the same thing as a Saint...

completely agree and maybe I’m trying to convince myself he’s matured but I thought he did the “eat the W” thing (the 2nd time with the Saints) as a joke. I pray I’m right.... 😂

Last edited:
I don’t have to know him as a person to know stupid behavior when I see it. Stealing $32.00 worth of crab legs. Stealing a coke from a Burger King, and stealing a laptop. The main thing that makes me not like him as a person is he raped a woman. He didn’t get charged because the campus police did a snotty job investigating the charge, but he did settle a lawsuit against him with the woman he raped. If you didn’t rape her you would’ve never settled the lawsuit to maintain your reputation. So I guess you are willing to ignore all of that because you love the way his jockstrap tastes.
WOW !!! SMH

That list is all time INT rating.

And the highest last year was 3.7%

My roommate at the time was a Bucs fan. I laughed hysterically when they drafted him. I told him he was a punk and a tool, and didn't have enough "upstairs" to be a good QB in the NFL. His play with the Bucs was better than I thought it would be, but he never scared me. With a few years in the league, and especially one under Sean, I hope he has matured and grown and isn't that young punk I once saw. If he has indeed grown up, and embraced Sean's teachings, and Sean thinks he's the one, then I'll be behind him.

Is anyone arguing this? MOST of the support for Winston I see comes with a caveat that maturity, better coaching and a better system can hopefully fix/improve his issues. That combined with the fact that we don’t have a lot of better options, draft too low to get one of the premier quarterbacks and it doesn’t make sense to trade what it would take to get Watson or Wilson...

This makes Winston the best option this year. If he’s bad, we’re rebuilding and in a better position to draft a QB in 22... But! If he’s good, we still have a Super Bowl roster. It’s a gamble but there aren’t many options at this point.
Yes the person I quoted was saying that.

I don’t see us winning a super bowl with winston. my preferred option would be take a chance in the draft to find a long term future plan. There are a lot of highly graded QBs coming out. And, s.p. and loomis have shown they won’t hesitate to trade up to get their guy

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom