James Carville cracking up (1 Viewer)

I have said before the BCS NCG that I think that USC is the best team right now. I do not like LSU and will pull against them in any sport against any team. I have admitted it before many times and it is not a secret I hate LSU. Also, I am not blind to the fact that they won a NC last night. I will be real, but I will also have my opinion that USC is a better team right now.

I was unaware that you had admitted your bias and least you admit it and that's the first step to a cure. But, you have to realize that that bias pretty much invalidates your opinion on if USC is a better team that LSU.

I was unaware that you had admitted your bias and least you admit it and that's the first step to a cure. But, you have to realize that that bias pretty much invalidates your opinion on if USC is a better team that LSU.

I would be honest if I believe they were the best team.

the only way to know if USC is a better team is have them play in the SEC for a season.

a head to head match up may or may not mean the better team won, bad calls, a bad play or two by either team may decide a game - but if a 1-15 team beats a 15-1 team are they better or played better that game?

if New England gets beat by Jax - who is the better team.

there is no way you can look at USC playing Cal and say they can Beat LSU playing Florida - the plays you make against one team doesnt mean you can make them againts every team.

like the man said - you want to be No.1 beat the teams that let you have the chance to play for No. 1

There's a difference in being the best team and the national champions.

Anyone arguing USC is the best team right now (or Georgia) has a very, very legit argument.

Anyone arguing USC (or Georgia) should be national champs has a very, very poor argument.

As a rabid tLSU fan, I agree with the logic (still have to say we're the best though)

But tell me, in 10 years, who will remember who was the 'best' team?

They're only going to remember 1 team from this year..............

Last edited:
Corso was so agitated he was barely coherent...although that's not much different from his usual condition.

Fowler was was spewing controversy from pregame to postgame so I have to beleive the outcome was immaterial. He apparently has an anti-BCS agenda or he's a USC homer.

Those two were indefensible as commentators and Herbstreit/Blackledge looked embarrassed and unnerved by their outbursts. To me they were more comical than persuasive in their arguments.

LSU has beaten more top 15 teams than anyone in the country including the end of the season domination of the #1. UGA and USC (Thanks Rose Bowl!) were not given an opportunity to face a quality opponent to end the season so any claim must be based on their season of work which falls short.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom