James Harrison cut (1 Viewer)

What are our chances of getting Harrison on our team?

I'd say not good at all since he didn't restructure in Pittsburg and they had to cut him to save money. I'd bet he goes to the highest bidder even if its a terrible team.

Here is the thing. You guys are so crazy in love with Junior who plays ROLB and the Saints just gave a new contract. You guys want to draft a pass rushing ROLB and want to sign James Harrison who plays ROLB.

Do you really want to sign a 35 year old ROLB who had the same number of sacks last season as Junior with about 3 times more snaps? Do you really want to spend our 1st round pick and limited cap space to compete with one of our best young defenders?

Save the $2-$3 million a year and put it towards a player that will be with the team longer than a season and at a position that can be a significant upgrade over what we have.

Maybe better to say, "Some of you guys....".

I say that on behalf of "the rest of us guys" who understand that we dont have a LOLB right now, and need one.

I am curious to know what is left in the tank but it's not realistic that he would sign with NO. Saints would have to win a bidding war on some level and that isn't wise at the positition we are in cap-wise. A few reasonable FA signings is what will happen. Not even sure Harrison has anything left to offer but I doubt the Saints will gamble the $ to find out.

We don't need him...I believe the young vets we have will lead this transition to the 3-4 and become young building blocks...and the saints like to go after second tier free agents which are typically guys who are on the verge of or looking for an opportunity to start after learning behind established starters (Dallas Linebacker Victor Butler) those players are typically 25-26yrs old.

Well so much for the defense getting younger. I'll be shocked if we have a top ten defense this season.

We don't need to get younger, we need to win now. And we don't need to have a top 10 defense to do that. If we can just hold teams around 20 points per game, we win our division and probably home field advantage. With dome field advantage we are super bowl favorites.

I'll be shocked if we crack the top20 sincerely

Actually that is quite a climb. From 32nd to 19th. Pretty unlikely, with a 6 or 7 spot jump being both a bit more realistic and something to shoot for. No wonder Ryan jumped all over this job, almost any improvement....

Thing is, with the number of big named FA that are going to be hitting the market due to cap space, there are bound to be a few still waiting by the time SP and Loomis make their move.
I don't see us bringing anyone in for a tire kick before letting them know exactly what we are willing to spend.
We will get at least one big name, possibly two depending on the amount of cuts that take place, but they probably wont be the ones at the top tier, IMHO

"It would nice to play with Tom Brady" he told ESPN's Christina Anderson

Per John Clayton, Baltimore, Cleveland, Indy, N.E. top teams.

He would bring a new attitude to the D. It definitely wouldn't be a RGC (Roger Goodell Correct) attitude, and that's fine (no pun intended) with me. We need a complete sea change from last year's disaster, and a new DC and a guy with his cred (and especially his street cred) would certainly help. Defense runs on smarts and intensity, and he'd be a plus on both.

He has the attitude a winning D needs, and could instill that same winning attitude that D.Sharp did in the last run. If we can get him on the relative cheap we'd be fools not to at least bring him in to kick the tires.

He does not want to come here. He already brought up playing for N.E. Time to move on.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9034415/james-harrison-released-pittsburgh-steelers

When asked if there was a player he'd like to play with, he said "not really" but mentioned the Patriots' Tom Brady and Broncos' Peyton Manning as players "anybody would want to play with ... who wouldn't."
Warm waeather= MIAMI

[QUOTEI want to try and stay in the scheme that I'm in -- in a 3-4 defense," he said. "Warm weather is probably better but sometimes you don't have a choice on where you get to go. You have a choice in picking the team but it still depends on the circumstances around that team. You have to go with what is best for you."

He does not want to come here. He already brought up playing for N.E. Time to move on.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9034415/james-harrison-released-pittsburgh-steelers

Warm waeather= MIAMI

[QUOTEI want to try and stay in the scheme that I'm in -- in a 3-4 defense," he said. "Warm weather is probably better but sometimes you don't have a choice on where you get to go. You have a choice in picking the team but it still depends on the circumstances around that team. You have to go with what is best for you."
He just answering a question.

Sent from my iPhone4s using Tapatalk

I'm sure Goodell has already called the Saints front office and told them not to make it happen. lol

For the Goodell angle alone, I would LOVE to sign this guy. What better FA signing would be more like giving Goodell the bird? I admit, I'm sometimes a bit immature.

I like Harrison a lot but I just can't help feeling we need someone a little younger....people say yeah but look at Sharper when the Saints signed him. And I say to that yes it's true Sharper was a key piece to us winning the Super Bowl but look at what's happened since...no one in that secondary has panned out...The Saints need to hit a homerun in the draft or free agency with a younger pass rusher.

I never understand people who seem to think drafting players and free agency are mutually exclusive.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom