James Harrison would "love to be in New Orleans," according to his agent (1 Viewer)

Glad we have forgiven him for cheap shotting Brees in the Dome 3 years ago.

What defensive player doesn't give cheap shots? When I was in high school I loved doing it! I'm pretty sure there are no hard feelings dude. It's the nature of the sport. Ed Reed gave a dirty hit to Brees a few years back I don't see no one hating him/

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0LQQyrdekiE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

"AKA If he went to jail, he would run the jail."

Fitzpatrick says at the end of the video that James Harrison hit him so hard that to this day he feels it when he golfs lol

He wants to play anywhere...but who do you push to the bench to start him.

Id much rather give our young guys a chance. All he is doing is creating a market for himself. Hed like to play anywhere.

In fact...why didn't he just take the paycut in Pitt? they wanted him...just not@ 6mil a year i think. If he comes here hes going to definitely have to take less. So yeah..coulda just done that in Pitt. So it appears he thinks hes still worth that kind of money.........i wonder who else does?

The hard hits and cheap shots make you a better team and a good player

Signed

The Oakland Raiders, Richard Seymour

Okay that was a joke, but he asking to much.

If the price works out we'd be stupid to not want him. He's healthy again and is a freak pass rusher. He can actually cover to.

He's also a made a few tackles as a defensive player. That would be a good improvement right there. (hee hee)

It'd have to be on the cheap and I'd only really support it due to his experience in the system.

Sweet. That means Goodell would double target him with fines, and because he'd be a Saint. He brings good veteran leadership, but in the 3-4 scheme of things....we may want someone younger than 34.

Of course we do long term. But, short term (1-2 yrs.) he would do nicely. I would rather have him than Vilma right now, that's for sure. If he can't play anymore, get rid of him. It really is that simple.

Id much rather give our young guys a chance. All he is doing is creating a market for himself. Hed like to play anywhere.

In fact...why didn't he just take the paycut in Pitt? they wanted him...just not@ 6mil a year i think. If he comes here hes going to definitely have to take less. So yeah..coulda just done that in Pitt. So it appears he thinks hes still worth that kind of money.........i wonder who else does?

he wears his heart on his sleeve so he could have just gotten insulted someway in Pitt. As for who he replaces, rotation. A guy at 34 could really benefit from that anyway. If he is fresh and gets that chip on his shoulder, he is a bad bad man.

This. Would I love Galette and Harrison rotating at WOLB? Of course! But unfortunately there is this thing called the salary cap. I don't think that it is good business. Outside of BUshrod and Reed...I don't think that the Saints go after any big named players in FA. We need smart business decisions.

A good point is that he's a superb run defender, even if he was not as good a pass rusher last season. Can you name linebackers in our group who are excellent run defenders? Lofton is good, but he's an ilb, and i'm not so comfortable with gallette and martez right now, having harrison as insurance, to me, would just be fine

I think RR will have him fired up, as if he would need it! I say go for it. All of our starters in the defensive backfield are under contract. Go for it!!!!
A good pass rush makes an average secondary look awesome!

Dudes (and ladies) I swear... if we can lock up Bushrod, sign Harrison and Ed Reed (or CHarles Woodson)... I wouldn't care what we do the rest of FA nor in the draft anything else would be lagniappe IMO.

Those signings will do a few things:

Sure-up the LT position.
Give us a play-maker at safety
Give us the dominant edge-rusher we need

Even if we only 2 years... we'd be scary. The draft picks and other signings can be young/talented depth to groom for the future.

Harrison could bring a nasty streak to our D. Combine that with RR creating pressure from different angles, a ball hawk in Center Field, and you have a recipe for a defensive turn around. As others have said, he'd also be a great on the field mentor to our young LBs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom