James Laurentiis (1 Viewer)

LOL.
Ok, I can respect what he was brought he to do but lets not act we lucked up and got Vilma 2.0 or that guy from GB (u know the guy under state supervision) in terms of talent.
His stats:
James Laurinaitis Stats - New Orleans Saints - ESPN

I had high hopes for Laurinitis, but those stats scream "declining player". He's not getting to guys for solo tackles any more, and those PD stats are :covri:. Those numbers sort of fit together, unfortunately.

If you look at his stats for about five quarters of work so far this pre-season, he has eight tackles, only two solos. Even if you ignore Friday night, he's been largely invisible, except when he's a half-step late.

I know it's tough to do apples-to-apples comparisons when they're playing with different units in the pre-season, but if I'm not going to get productive numbers from my MLB, I'd rather do it with Anthony or Mauti. I'm not hung up on draft status or hometown, but let's just let a younger guy do it.

Laurinitis isn't exactly a FO swing and a miss, but it's at best a loud foul ball at this point. I know the nay-sayers are getting clobbered on this thread, and I wish I'd seen differently, but he's not made a single play in these pre-season games that's been remotely notable, much less memorable, and I just don't understand where all the optimism/praise comes from, I guess.

I had high hopes for Laurinitis, but those stats scream "declining player". He's not getting to guys for solo tackles any more, and those PD stats are :covri:. Those numbers sort of fit together, unfortunately.

If you look at his stats for about five quarters of work so far this pre-season, he has eight tackles, only two solos. Even if you ignore Friday night, he's been largely invisible, except when he's a half-step late.

I know it's tough to do apples-to-apples comparisons when they're playing with different units in the pre-season, but if I'm not going to get productive numbers from my MLB, I'd rather do it with Anthony or Mauti. I'm not hung up on draft status or hometown, but let's just let a younger guy do it.

Laurinitis isn't exactly a FO swing and a miss, but it's at best a loud foul ball at this point. I know the nay-sayers are getting clobbered on this thread, and I wish I'd seen differently, but he's not made a single play in these pre-season games that's been remotely notable, much less memorable, and I just don't understand where all the optimism/praise comes from, I guess.

He did hand Fairley a sack by getting to the QB but failing to bring him to the ground two weeks ago. That's fine with me. Lots of guys get to the QB and someone else actually ends up getting the sack. I also think we've been leaving him on the field in third down situations where he'd be better suited on the bench with a better coverage LB in his place. I assume this will change come regular season.

I bet I know where it's coming from!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Did y'all not watch the game look like our rookie undrafted corner back was getting blessed

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom