Podcast James "Route God" Everett on training Jameis Winston, Saints wide receivers -- Interview With Nick Underhill (1 Viewer)

Dan in Lafayette

Staff member
Administrator
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score

Saint Droopy

Born/Raised in Hollygrove
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'd bet RouteGod is a problem to cover. Quick/shifty guys with good footwork are a CB's nightmare... that's what made Chad (Ocho) Johnson so hard to cover he had crazy quickness and precise routes.

Consiglieri

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Route God sees big things in store for Jameis Winston, Marquez Callaway, Juwan Johnson, Tre'Quan Smith and Tony Jones.
I sure hope this guy has divine powers, because the fact that those names and/or no-names are the new core of our passing game (behind MT) is terrifying.

perret318

Runnin like a road lizard
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Tre'Quan has had a few years to show what he's got, and he's shown to be a serviceable WR. He's not going to be a WR1 or maybe even a WR2. It would have shown up by now. And that's fine. We need a WR3.
Calloway definitely has potential. Maybe without Sanders ahead of him, he could step up and fill that #2 spot? He's shown flashes, but needs that to be more then norm than the exception.

Good to see everyone putting in the work. Let's see what it translates to out on the field.

harschman

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
That was a great video and insight into some of our young players. His descriptions of the players was encouraging and much better than what the keyboard warriors have to say about the players. Juwan Johnson looks big and to hear him described as smooth was good to hear.

Goatman Saint

Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Tre'Quan has had a few years to show what he's got, and he's shown to be a serviceable WR. He's not going to be a WR1 or maybe even a WR2. It would have shown up by now. And that's fine. We need a WR3.
Calloway definitely has potential. Maybe without Sanders ahead of him, he could step up and fill that #2 spot? He's shown flashes, but needs that to be more then norm than the exception.

Good to see everyone putting in the work. Let's see what it translates to out on the field.
But this is a new start for QB, and other than Thomas, no one is assured a spot or place. If Winston has good chemistry with a WR, that’s who will be higher in the depth chart. These young guys know this. Earn the QBs trust you’ll see a lot more playing time

Meachemdat

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Nice info.... Jameis is gonna have a great season. Our guys putting in work. Gotta get Thomas and Harris to join the club
Thomas and Harris are coming off of some pretty big injuries, I'm cool with them chilling on the couch until training camp honestly.

Reaction score
This was a really good interview by Nick. "The route God" is really good at showing these guys different things. I like how he said he told Juwan if they play him at TE or inside to embrace it. Man I'm ready to see the new era in New Orleans and hoping it's a great one.

Reaction score
Something stood out to me was how he talked about TQS being incredibly polished. Not sure that’s what I want to hear. He could be tapped out...which many of us suspect. I think that if we have a legit #2 this year...Callaway will be that guy.

Outbackjack

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Very fun and informative interview.

“Route God” though......that’s just a weird nickname.

Last edited:

LoE

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Who is he? I've never heard of him. He looks too young to be a retired NFL football player.

Reaction score
Cool interview. Johnson at TE is super intriguing.
It really is! He’s 6’4”, 230, n ran a 4.6 forty. Dudes also got 34 in arms n 101/2 in hands! IMO, you put him in the weight room to add extra muscle ( esp in his upper body for blocking) w/o losing his speed/quickness. I think he has the frame to add 10-15 lbs.

On Johnson, NFLN analyst Daniel Jeremiah said somethin to the effect of, “He’s a tight end. He jus doesn’t know it yet! “

Saint Tex

Delvin, Bro
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I am not keeping up these days. Who is James Everett? (Glad that LoE joined me in needing to ask.)

And I get that he is the route god. But I can't find much else about him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom