Jamie Collins (1 Viewer)

Fortunately there are a handful of edge rushing linebackers in free agency, we can hopefully snag the one that is the best value.

Hopefully Ingram out of San Diego.

I don't often agree with Mike D, but he made a good point on AFR the other day on how he saw the Saints free agency going. They tried hard to spend big money on Josh Norman last year. I see them spending big money on a CB first and foremost. I think that's their first priority. This defense is light years better if we somehow got Josh Norman last year.

I think the money would be better spent on bringing in Stephon Gilmore or A.J. Bouye to line up opposite Breaux. Barring another ridiculously unlucky season with the injuries like this past one, the Saints would have tremendous depth at CB. I think they have a good shot at Gilmore if the Bills are committed to signing Tyrod Taylor.

I think the money would be better spent on bringing in Stephon Gilmore or A.J. Bouye to line up opposite Breaux. Barring another ridiculously unlucky season with the injuries like this past one, the Saints would have tremendous depth at CB. I think they have a good shot at Gilmore if the Bills are committed to signing Tyrod Taylor.

Soes everyone just assume Trumaine Johnson will be franchised again? He's the best FA corner IMO.

I like the idea of bringing Jamie Collins home. Team him up with Craig Robertson, Anthony, and hope Rueben Foster is there when we pick in round 1.

Soes everyone just assume Trumaine Johnson will be franchised again? He's the best FA corner IMO.

I think many consider him cost prohibitive. Gilmore would make a heck of a #2 and would probably give us an extra few million per year to put toward Zeitler and Fairleys deals.

I assumed that LA would hang on to him because they're not as dumb as Carolina, although I cod be wrong. He's obviously at the top of that list, but I didn't feel.it was a likely scenario. The Saints have made a habit of finding the guys almost as good for half the money like Jabari Greer and Keenan Lewis.

I'd rather 2 or 3 mid-tier players than 1 super expensive one.

I don't often agree with Mike D, but he made a good point on AFR the other day on how he saw the Saints free agency going. They tried hard to spend big money on Josh Norman last year. I see them spending big money on a CB first and foremost. I think that's their first priority. This defense is light years better if we somehow got Josh Norman last year.

I tend to agree with the overall sentiment. I love the combination of youth and performance we've gotten from Breaux, Moore, Webb, and Crawley, and even Kyle Wilson looked good at times last year. But we need to prepare for the possibility that Swann will never get well long enough to really contribute, and two years in a row on IR for PJ Williams isn't comforting. I think they'll try to make a splash at CB to find a legit veteran #1/#2 to start opposite Breaux, and let the rest of the roster shake out as it will between camp performance and injury in 2017. It wouldn't shock me if we went all in after Trumaine Johnson (or someone else they identify as a difference maker at corner) as soon as FA opens. We have lots of depth at the position, but we'd be much improved with another top-flight starter.

Of course, you could say that about Linebacker and Defensive End as well and be just as correct. Bottom line, while I hope we continue to add good depth players across the board, I think we're going to swing big on at least one of those 3 positions on defense.

Saints need to get a top flight CB in FA. Breaux is injury prone now and you cant depend on him for a full season to stay healthy.

I say sign both Trumaine Johnson if the price is right. If they could sign Josh Norman Loomis can sign TRU. Keep upgrading the defense. Offense will move the ball but continue to upgrade that OLine.

Upgades needed
CB
Lber
OLine
Safety

Saints need to get a top flight CB in FA. Breaux is injury prone now and you cant depend on him for a full season to stay healthy.

I say sign both Trumaine Johnson if the price is right. If they could sign Josh Norman Loomis can sign TRU. Keep upgrading the defense. Offense will move the ball but continue to upgrade that OLine.

Upgades needed
CB
Lber
OLine
Safety

Ol, lb are the keys

I think many consider him cost prohibitive. Gilmore would make a heck of a #2 and would probably give us an extra few million per year to put toward Zeitler and Fairleys deals.

Gilmore has hinted that he is worth more than Norman and has referred to himself as one of the elite CBs. He is not.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom