Jamie Dukes (NFL Network) is really, really dumb (1 Viewer)

Saintsphere

1 day I'll add a second Lombardi to my pic. 1 day.
Reaction score
He said Brees 5 games over 300+ yards passing is a bad thing and we don't run enough.

Umm, we ran our star RB 20 times today.

Obviously, we need to balance out the run/pass plays, but to say that after we ran the ball alot today just makes him sound stupid.

He basically said it in a way that if Brees continues to throw for 300 yards, we're gonna lose.

No Dukes, if Brees continues to throw for 300 yards AND we lose turnovers, then we will lose.

don't listen to him. All of those talking heads aren't worth listening too with the exception of very VERY few of them.

Replace Jamie Dukes with "__________" and you have what most people on this board have been saying also. What's the problem? :shrug:

I tend to agree with him. I think you have to have a strong running game to win late in the year and in the playoffs.
He said we didn't run enough today. Come on, *** game was he watching?

He basically criticized Brees for throwing 300+ yards today.

Replace Jamie Dukes with "__________" and you have what most people on this board have been saying also. What's the problem? :shrug:

Nah, Marshall Faulk, Rod Woodson, Merril Hoge, Ron Jaworski, and Tom Jackson are five analysts I respect.

You do have to have a strong running game but we did stick with the run a bunch more today. It is not bad for your qb to throw for 300. You must run the ball and stop the run in this league and I feel we did a better job at that today. We just need to keep improving every week and will be running and stopping the run.

If the Saints can play that way the rest of the season, who cares what Dukes says? With a dominating game like today, his statements look ridiculous

Nah, Marshall Faulk, Rod Woodson, Merril Hoge, Ron Jaworski, and Tom Jackson are five analysts I respect.

Merril Hodge???

Well, then that is different. Today they were more balanced. Your initial post implies that he meant the last 5 games. If so, I'd say he is right. We're 2-3 in those games...and what happened today when we got away from the run? The Falcons got back into the game. I'd say he's right in that respect over the last 5 weeks.

I'm just talking on this board alone. Actual posters would agree exactly with what Dukes said.

Did you see our pass-happy 3rd quarter when we kept throwing the ball with a 21-6 lead? 12 of our running plays were in the first half. When you go up on a team by more than 14 points, you should have 30+ rushing attempts. Look, I'm not complaining, because we won. However, I don't feel we run the ball enough, and it's going to be very difficult to win throwing as much as we do.

Wasn't Woodson quoted on this very board as saying we don't run enough?

Dukes is an Atlanta homer... the easiest thing for him to do i deflect the butt-whoopin that his home team got with a stupid statement that makes entirely NO sense. The Falcons stacked the line all game... so why not run it 40 times... with Brees at the helm and SP calling the plays teams better not stack the line on us. We did what we had to do today to win. Period. Apparently his homer team didn't.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom