Jamies had a "nearsightedness" issue he had taken care of (1 Viewer)

Can colour blindness be fixed?
Not really. It's not an issue of the shape of the eye itself/distance of natural lenses from the retina as is the case for near- and far-sightedness, that can be corrected through an additional lens (glasses) or a reshaping of the eye itself (lasik). My understanding is that color blindness is an issue of the rods and cones in the retina.

I've worn glasses my whole life I could not imagine trying to play football especially quarterback not being able to see, at any level. I know Winston has had his immature moments, but right now your 26 year old, 3rd string QB. One a National Championship, was a number 1 pick, threw for 5,000 yards and 30 tds last season.
All the while potentially not being able to see a dang thing, and can give you insight on what will probably be your biggest test this year in the divison, while taking less money to play on your team. I don't think anyone would object to this if his last name wasn't Winston.

i'm only -2 and -2.25 and i actually kinda feel for him now. not seeing sucks.

like my mom, and both brothers, we're all lacking depth perception too. if you see me driving, or rollin', probably better to avoid me at night.

I heard a interesting tidbit on the radio this morning regarding Carson Palmer, Andrew Luck and Jamis Winston. All three quarterbacks in the first year of the new system had exactly 40 turnovers, all under head coach Bruce Arians. I didn’t look it up to see if these are facts however.

If he fixes his turnover issue..

And also Taysom blows up....

We would have a HUGE QB controversy next year.

could you imagine him beating the bucs twice a year and how demoralizing that would be to their fan base?

If Winston were to fix his turnover issues there would not be anything remotely close to a QB controversy here. A Jameis Winston who cuts his turnovers by half is a top 5 QB in football. I'm not saying that as if it's easy to do. The chances of him doing that are really slim. But if he "fixes his turnover issue", he is a Pro-Bowl caliber quarterback.

This has been an issue for him for a while.

that’s 100% me when I go from looking down at my phone to looking at the TV.

my wife says I look like an 80 year old man every time I do it. 😆

Whew! You're one of the first people I've heard of worse than me! I'm -9.0 and like -5.0, but lucky enough to be able to tolerate contact lenses.
Oh, I've worn contacts for nearly 30 years. Just saying that if any debris gets in my eyes, they're set on fire, so it may be why contacts are not an option while playing football.

Jeez you guys are hilarious. The offensive scheme differences between the Bucs and the Saints are literally night and day. Winston has been asked to play a vertical offense for his entire career so far with big fast receivers and a moderate to poor offensive line. Flip to a horizontal scheme where you're making timing throws and working underneath the defense as opposed to on top of it. That alone will cut your ints down by 50%. Give him some extra time to throw and clean looks and it's probably even better. The only question I really have is can he operate the offense. The playbook is a mile long, it requires constant personnel shifts and a huge amount of checks at the line.

So Tampa , instead of spending a few thousand $$ to fix his vision, let their first round draft pick fall on his face? That makes total sense
As a former resident of the area, the ownership really doesn't care. They make their money, win or lose. They also own, or did own, Manchester United. That's where they make the big bucks.

I just do NOT understand why it took him this long to get it done. I had the same problem in highschool and it definitely affected my ability to perform. I took out a loan in my 20s to get this fixed before a deployment to Iraq because I recognised it as an issue. Is he that stubborn to wait this long?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom