Jamies had a "nearsightedness" issue he had taken care of (1 Viewer)

David Robbins

Ole Miss Rocks!
Reaction score
Winston will look to use the 2020 season to learn under Brees and coach Sean Payton, erasing the memories of his turnover-happy Tampa ways before re-entering free agency in a year. For all the fretting about his turnovers—his 111 turnovers are the most in the NFL since 2015—there are few who deny his talent. He also underwent LASIK eye surgery during the offseason, a move that corrected the nearsightedness he's been playing with his entire career.

Quote from Bleacher Report.

This has been an issue for him for a while.

jameis-winston-squinting.jpg

EntireWideBorzoi-max-1mb.gif

My question is what were his numbers( for his eyes) before this surgery. Mine's -5.5 almost -6. I'm practically blind without my glasses. Past 5-6 inches things become increasingly blurry. I can assure you I can see fuzzy things moving but don't ask me to throw with any sort of accuracy(not that I'm some kind of QB or something). Depending on how bad his eyesight was it could play a factor in his throwing ability and his reads for that matter. Regardless of what color he was throwing to, bad eyesight can mess you up. Just not sure why he didn't have contacts in if it was THAT bad.

-9.5 and -10.5 in each eye here. I see blobs of color beyond 2-3 inches. Past a certain distance, I can't easily differentiate colors. Contacts may not be an option, given ANY debris lights your eye on fire.

He was constantly under pressure and was sacked 47 times last year. Pressure on a QB can make them do questionable things.
I always felt one of the most surefire ways to wreck a QB’s development is to bring him into the league under a bad O-line.

Hard to develop good habits when you are running for your life or getting beat up all game.

-9.5 and -10.5 in each eye here. I see blobs of color beyond 2-3 inches. Past a certain distance, I can't easily differentiate colors. Contacts may not be an option, given ANY debris lights your eye on fire.
Don't I know it. Played football many years with contacts. I actually started with the gas permeable(glass) contacts. Horrific pain any time a breeze blew dust into my face. I was pretty much useless until my tears cleared it out. Soft contacts were better but still had to take contacts out to clean them or wait for it to clear before I could see. But if the option is to see or not. I'd go with see and maybe wear some kind of eye protection :shrug:

I’m def interested in seeing what Sean can do with him. I don’t like him as a person but if he’s in our uniform I have to like him as a player

I always felt one of the most surefire ways to wreck a QB’s development is to bring him into the league under a bad O-line.

Hard to develop good habits when you are running for your life or getting beat up all game.

This is exactly what happened to David Carr in Houston. That guy was ten times better than his brother will ever be imo...wrong team wrong time career done.

Talk about Winston getting sacked 47 times....Carr was sacked I think 70 times his rookie season I think one more season another 70 and two more over 40 each...done....totally ruined the guy's confidence from day one.

Why didn’t he wear contacts?!

Well I’m wishing him the best now that he can see!

If you are a candidate at all - have the surgery. I was minus 7.75 before RK surgery in the 90's, then a LASIK touch up in one eye later. Ended up minus .5 and 1.0. Enjoyed life like never before - till my 60's and cataracts - then had to start all over again. Was well worth it for me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom