Jammal Brown placed on IR(*Super MERGED*) (1 Viewer)

TheNOLAGirl

Editor, Writer, Podcast Host and SR Twitter Ninja
Staff member
Super Moderator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Per Adam Schefter...Saints placed offensive tackle Jammal Brown on the reserve/injured list - he's out for year - and re-signed offensive lineman Nick Leckey.

P.S- This sucks!

Last edited:
Son of a *****!

Alright Bushrod, you are no longer a joke because of your awesome name, get healthy and protect the man!

Isn't his contract up this offseason?

If next year is uncapped he will be a restricted free agent and I believe that his services will be retained.

If next year is capped I doubt that he will be back unless he doesn't receive much interest from other teams.

I bet they did this just to clear a roster spot for a position that is extremely thin right now. They did it a couple years ago with Hollis Thomas. That year, they put him on IR, then cut him (presumably they had a deal), then re-signed him when he was healthy. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see JB play again this year.

:1zhelp:

damn...Our offense hasn't been opened up yet because we are constantly having to chip the DE on that side with a RB, FB, or TE.

I know Brown gets a lot of hate on this board for his holding, but the man is a great LT. There may be a LT controversy of sorts brewing as well. Streif held Schobel up pretty well, while Brees was constantly trying to avoid him when Bushrod was in.

I bet they did this just to clear a roster spot for a position that is extremely thin right now. They did it a couple years ago with Hollis Thomas. That year, they put him on IR, then cut him (presumably they had a deal), then re-signed him when he was healthy. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see JB play again this year.

:spit:If they cut him, he can sign with anyone right?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom