Jammal Brown placed on IR(*Super MERGED*) (2 Viewers)

I think Brown should have been on IR during the preseason but the Saints didn't put him on I/R because they didn't want other teams who could potentially cut a good LT to think they were in the market for an LT. Then after they realized that nobody was cutting anybody they announced the truth.

we are not a top offense because of bushrod....however, when brown is in, we are clearly better.....im not ignoring the point, it just doesnt make sense....bushrod does not make us better but does make us worse

this entire statement is baffling but the bolded parts make my jaw drop....brown is our best run blocker.....he is our best lineman and when our line allows the least sacks in the league and the highest ypc average off the left side, how can you say brown doesnt deserve that kind of credit?:jpshakehead:

which is completely opposite.......bushrod is strong enough to keep a bull rusher out of the backfield....but when he gets beat outside, he overcompensates and allows the DE to beat him on the inside as well....bushrod has proven that he can compete against the bullrush because of his ability to run block....his pass blocking is below average at best

these types of things make me think, not about the game, but about how you figured this out......bushrod gets beat on the outside continuously and then gets beat on the inside trying to make up for the outside rush....bushrod gets beat and instead of holding, like he should, his man gets through and hits the guys in the backfield

i know you cant tell my tone through the internet but i dont feel as if the sky is falling, just that we are not in a good position right now with our LTs and it would be in our best interest to add someone else

we are not better with brown in the game? you cant be serious....this is like saying drew is 5th best QB in the league because he doesnt have any super bowl rings....you are crediting bushrod and streif with wins and taking away true credit that brown actually deserves

this is a great post but i do want to point out that bushrod gets beat outside a ton....this is where he struggles the most....like i said before...you'll notice him getting beat on the outside early and often, but as the game goes on he starts to overcompensate for the outside rush and ends up getting beat inside because of his poor footwork and lack of speed with his drop step....

when he takes his drop step its often too long and creates a big gap between him and the guard, when he does that he is succeptable to the inside speed rush and gets beat

the penalties that brown gets are because he is not fast enough to keep up with players like julius peppers, but doesnt get blown off the ball completely.....rather than let peppers take brees to the ground hard, he gets a holding penalty and keeps drew healthy for the season.....bushrod is not fast enough to keep players like that off of drew and im afraid it might cost us at some point this game

Jammal Brown hasn't been our best run blocker for the past 3 years, and he wouldn't be the best run blocker this year. That's 100% fact. Evans has been FAR better, and Nicks is better this year than Brown has ever been. You seem to be going by some statistics to make your arguments.

Your claim that Bushrod makes us worse is speculation. Totally.

I'm not really interested in going back and forth on this Bushrod nonsense with you. I will say that you have a fantastic idea of Brown's performance that is completely false. Do you deny that Julius Peppers beat Brown to a pulp last year, and made him look like a rookie?

From where I'm sitting, you completely overstate Bushrod's mistakes, and completely understate Brown's. I've conceded that Brown is the better player; I don't concede that Brown is elite, and I while you claim that you aren't being negative, the fact is that our offense is still great without him playing.

And sorry--that whole argument that Brown gets beat by speed rushers because he's slow, but he does the smart thing by holding is just silly mental gymnastics. The thing for him to do is NOT get beat, and NOT hold. If you want someone out there to get beat and then hold his guy, you might as well put me out there. That's not elite tackle play.

Drew got hit from his blind side in both the Eagles and Bills game. I don't know how you guys feel, but everytime I see Drew going down from the blindside I think: oh no, season over...

It's amazing what a few victories to start the season can do for a fans attitude towards such horrible news.

Rewatch the games. Bushrod is getting beat badly, and Brees is making him look decent.

I won't be a Debbie Downer, cuz I am pumped about this year too, but there is no way to spin this. This sucks.

I'm also going to get this out now, because I hope to not feel this bad for the rest of the season. Like many of you, my biggest fear is that Brees goes down. It is THE ONLY WAY we don't make a deep run into the playoffs. I have been let down too many times not to think it won't happen. Sorry. I didn't want to say it. I've knocked on wood. But if it does, we will look to this day as the reason.

God I hope I'm wrong.

Agreed, those 2 hits in the first 3 weeks have been in the top 3 Brees has taken since being a Saint. Brees played I believe 47 games with Jammal Brown protecting his blind side and took possibly one or two comparable hits total from memory (from Abraham and Peppers) as he has in the opening 3 games this season (from Trent Cole and Schobel). All those saying this isn't a big deal will be back tracking, should, god forbid, Brees sustain an injury

JB is horrible....the organization has been trying to trade his sorry for two years now...time for young guys to step up...jamal brown got beat just as bad as a rookie last year.

But signing levi jones wouldn't be a bad idea.

Our offensive line gave up 13 sacks all last season in getting on for 700 pass attempts. That doesn't happen without a top notch LT. We also, as other have pointed out, were amongst the best running to our left. In a league desperate to throw money at semi competent LTs (in a league where people persist with over the hill injury prone tackles such as Walter Jones/Orlando Pace) no-one has even made Levi Jones an offer. Heck, Cincinnati went with Andrew Whitworth at LT over Levi Jones. Jammal Brown is 27 and would receive a $40mm+ offer in free agency, Levi Jones can't even get an offer. Do you have a copy of Madden 06 you are assessing players ability by?????????

On the bright side. I am not happy with this news, I genuinely thinks it's a huge loss. However, despite Bushrod giving up too much pressure he hasn't started many games and should improve. Secondly, the Giants won a superbowl with David Diehl kicked outside to LT

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom