Jammal Brown trade (1 Viewer)

jcamp5

shmohawk
Reaction score
Does anyone remember all the stipulations of the Jammal Brown trade? I remember McNabb had some weight on our compensation and so did their record. Can anyone refresh my memory?

Thanks in advance.

Enjoy:

If the Redskins win nine or more games OR go to the playoffs OR McNabb goes to the Pro Bowl:

1. the Eagles will get the Redskins' 2011 third-round pick;

2. the Saints will get the Redskins' 2011 fourth-round pick; and

3. the Saints will send a 2011 sixth- or seventh-round pick to the Redskins (not sure what will determine whether the pick is a sixth- or seventh-rounder).

If the Redskins do not win nine or more games, do not go to the playoffs, AND McNabb does not go to the Pro Bowl:

1. the Saints will get the Redskins' 2011 third-round pick;

2. the Eagles will get the Redskins' 2011 fourth-round pick; and

3. the Saints will send their 2011 fifth-round pick to the Redskins.

ALSO, if Brown plays in at least 90% of the plays for the Redskins this season OR goes to the Pro Bowl, the Redskins will send their 2012 sixth-round pick to the Saints.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5306133

Think I got all of that right...

Does anyone remember all the stipulations of the Jammal Brown trade? I remember McNabb had some weight on our compensation and so did their record. Can anyone refresh my memory?

Thanks in advance.

Per Rotoworld:

The Saints' compensation hinges on the Donovan McNabb trade. If McNabb makes the Pro Bowl, or the Redskins win nine games or make the playoffs, the Eagles receive a third-round pick and the Saints get a fourth. If none of those happen, the Eagles will get the fourth-round pick and the Saints get the third-rounder. New Orleans will also send a conditional late-round pick back to the Washington while the Redskins owe the Saints a 2012 sixth-rounder if Brown makes the Pro Bowl plays 90 percent of the snaps in 2010.

The Redskins arent going to the playoffs, and McNabb isnt going to the probowl. So the only stipulation left involves their record. We need the Redskins to finish 8-8 or worse in order to get a 3rd round pick. If they win 9 games it will turn into a 4th round pick.

Basically we would like them to win against the bucs & giants (twice) & then lose to the cowboys & jaguars

Arent they 5-6? They would have to go 4-1 the rest of the way to get 9 wins. I dont see that happening.

Hopefully the Skins season can fall apart and they end up 5-11.

If that is the case, we will get a very high 3rd round pick in exchange for the last pick in the 5th round. :mwink:

I'll take that.

Hard to tell how many snaps he is getting but JB started 10 out of 11 games and played in all 11 games. So maybe we get the 90% pick as well.
Yea I hope they loose out that way their 3rd is like our second almost.

Hard to tell how many snaps he is getting but JB started 10 out of 11 games and played in all 11 games. So maybe we get the 90% pick as well.
Yea I hope they loose out that way their 3rd is like our second almost.

This ^^^

If they lose out, they will be a top 15-10 pick. That is basically like picking up a late 2nd which would be huge!

Also, you have to think that if JB has played in every single game that he has taken at least 90% of the snaps. Does anyone know if he has been injury prone this year? Does anyone know if he has even been good this year?

Just hope 10 NFC QB's don't opt out of the Pro Bowl like happens every year.

Just hope 10 NFC QB's don't opt out of the Pro Bowl like happens every year.

Or they come out with another soup commercial, that could probably get him a good number of votes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom