Jared Cook highlights (1 Viewer)

man he looks like Graham 2.0 receiving wise for sure

He may not have the vertical game that Jimmy did but he gets slightly better separation with a quick initial burst.

Great Video OP! The real good thing about this tape is that it looks like he is a challenge for true quality defenses. Also I like the "money dance" he does when he scores - it makes me think of Mardi Gras the way he "tosses" his imaginary bills. He's ready for NO!

He may not have the vertical game that Jimmy did but he gets slightly better separation with a quick initial burst.

Great Video OP! The real good thing about this tape is that it looks like he is a challenge for true quality defenses. Also I like the "money dance" he does when he scores - it makes me think of Mardi Gras the way he "tosses" his imaginary bills. He's ready for NO!

To call him prime graham is a joke. Prime graham was literally 25-27 years old when he was putting up thousand yard seasons.

Jared cook will be turning 32!!!! On top of all this Cook has never reached an 1,000 yard season once.

Graham is also 6’ 7” while Cook is 6’ 5”

Comparing cook to graham prime is silly.
Not to take anything away from cook. He will be a good fit in the O

To call him prime graham is a joke. Prime graham was literally 25-27 years old when he was putting up thousand yard seasons.

Jared cook will be turning 32!!!! On top of all this Cook has never reached an 1,000 yard season once.

Graham is also 6’ 7” while Cook is 6’ 5”

Comparing cook to graham prime is silly.
Not to take anything away from cook. He will be a good fit in the O
I don’t think it’s silly. The major difference will be that the Saints don’t pass the ball as much they did when Graham was on the team. Cook hasn't lost much, if any athleticism.

Graham / Cook
HT 6'6 / 6'5
WT 260 / 254
Arms 35 / 35.75
40 4.56 / 4.49
VJ 38.5 / 41

Last edited:
I don’t think it’s silly. The major difference will be that the Saints don’t pass the ball as much they did when Graham was on the team. Cook hasn't lost much, if any athleticism.

Graham / Cook
HT 6'6 / 6'5
WT 260 / 254
40 4.56 / 4.49
VJ 38.5 / 41
NFL.com also lists 6’7” for graham

Attachments

• AF6295D8-655C-4026-B5BA-CFB0C41148EC.png
    AF6295D8-655C-4026-B5BA-CFB0C41148EC.png
    291.9 KB · Views: 5
You can try and compare him to anybody you wish. Keep this in mind he is going from catching passes from Derick Carr to now catching passes from the absolute GOAT. I love the way Cook just abuses db’s and even lb’s. This team is shaping up nicely and if we do get Dez back even better.

Anybody that thinks Cook is old for a TE is dead wrong. For one he is coming off a pro bowl season having his best year at age 31 He still has elite athleticism but even if he is losing a step from his 4.50 40 and 41” vert I think he will be ok. I’ll give a few examples that show Cook is right in the prime of his career with what are likely his best years ahead.
Antonio Gates having a HOF career enters his 30s as a pro bowler at 31 then had two of his best seasons at age 33 and 34 while having 2 very solid years at 35 and 36 to then continue playing for 2 more years still wanting to play at 38. Reunite Brees with his buddy?!
Tony Gonzalez was an elite TE and pro bowler in his last year with KC at age 32 having what was arguably the best year of his career. He was then traded to terrorize the Saints for the next 5 years. Gonzalez played at an elite level earning 4 pro bowls at 34, 35, 36, and 37 y/o then retiring while leaving a lot left in the tank.
Our own Ben Watson has now played to 38 and a big part is he was an elite athlete that was able to maintain enough to compete late in his years even after an Achilles tear.
Then you have more guys like Shannon Sharpe, Jason Witten, Vernon Davis, and so on you get the point..

The main key for almost all of these guys has been durability and Cook had 51 conesectuive games played to the miss 6 with a sprained ankle with Green Bay 16’. He is as durable as it gets and has a very low usage with little wear and tear compared to many other TEs at his age. The only reason for guys like Graham and Gronk slowing down is injuries plain and simple. Had neither ever been injured they are no question the 2 best TEs in the NFL right now and can still play at a high level when their body is right.

For one of the most athletic TEs to ever come through the NFL like Cook I would say 31 is absolutely not old and right in the prime of his career. Jeff Fisher ruined what should have been his best years he was misused and injured in GB to then be unleashed by Gruden and used like a weapon as will we. For me his entire purpose is to be here for Brees so we only need 2-3 years out of him max. We struck gold signing one of the best big targets and mismatches in the short to intermediate game but don’t let that fool you cause he’s a nightmare deep down the seam. Jared Cook is the kind of weapon Brees has thrived throwing to his entire career and a safety valve he needs. People will find out quick how huge this signing was.

Last edited:
Huge upgrade, the biggest benefit here is MT. MT is going to have less double teams. Especially when AK is lined up in the slot.

This signing alone opens up our offense quite a bit.

Now let's ace this draft and get brees another threat in the passing game

If our Oline play is passable, we may be seeing everyone in this offense improve with this addition. MT just got his relief.

Sweet but I look at recent stats. Not when he wasn’t even in the NFL yet.
They don't measure players for what they put on NFL.com. Graham was a 24 year old rookie. He didn't keep growing after the combine.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom